PDA

View Full Version : Steel Workers of PA. must work on Super Bowl Sunday

venom
02-04-2011, 10:35 AM
This kind of sucks . Hope whoever wants to see the game can

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/steelworkers-must-work-during-super-bowl

ColdRolledSteel
02-04-2011, 11:58 PM
All Steel Mills,Blast Furnaces and Foundries run continuously 24/7.They never shut down because they can't. Many reasons for this: It's way too expensive to heat up a furnace and the the structural stress of heating and cooling would destroy them fairly quickly. Steel workers know this. The Union will argue it. Life goes on Lots of folks won't be able to watch the game and their Unions are not complaining. Our Men and Women in the Armed Forces in harms way Police Officers and Law Enforcement. State Police is rolling out their Mounted Patrols and Riot Units. Firefighters .(I was smart enough to get the day off.Being a Captain helps)

Craic
02-05-2011, 04:08 AM
All Steel Mills,Blast Furnaces and Foundries run continuously 24/7.They never shut down because they can't. Many reasons for this: It's way too expensive to heat up a furnace and the the structural stress of heating and cooling would destroy them fairly quickly. Steel workers know this. The Union will argue it. Life goes on Lots of folks won't be able to watch the game and their Unions are not complaining. Our Men and Women in the Armed Forces in harms way Police Officers and Law Enforcement. State Police is rolling out their Mounted Patrols and Riot Units. Firefighters .(I was smart enough to get the day off.Being a Captain helps)

I was going to make some smart alec remark about unions--

But thank you for that post. It makes a lot of sense. With how hot those furnaces get... I can't imagine the damage cooling them off would do.

Galax Steeler
02-05-2011, 06:48 AM
That must suck being them.

GoSlash27
02-05-2011, 07:50 AM
I guarantee you they won't get much work done.

SteelerEmpire
02-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Wow. It's this kind of stuff that keeps reminding me how glad I am that I'm my own boss now. Not being my own boss, for me, is a fate worse than death. By the way, my workers have BOTH Sunday and Monday off...

fansince'76
02-05-2011, 10:43 AM
TiVo is a wonderful thing.