PDA

View Full Version : Place your nominations for the first ever SU douche bag of the week award.

zulater
02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
This thread is dedicated to the wonderfull members of the media who regularly show a complete disregard for facts, and or recklessly fan the flame of hate, or just prove themselves to be total douche bags in all things concerning the Steelers.

My nominee is so good that we might just retire the trophy the first time we ever give the award.

So without further ado, my nominee for this week's douche, is the one and only Steve Young!

Anyone else hear this guy on Mike and Mike this morning? Not only did he get intlo Ben's grill about "piano bar gate", but he also basically said
Ben gets it done with mirrors, and doesn't play the position the way it's supposed to be played. Apparently Steve thinks the dink and dunk west coast offense is the only one that you can win with in the NFL. He also somehow believes Bens' thrown for over 22,000 yards and has maintained a career qb rating of over 92 without ever completing a pass from the pocket.

Here's to you Steve, you arrogant uninformed piece of shit. :flipoff:

Douche bag.

ALLD
02-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Adam Shine on Sirius' NFL Network. A Brady deepthroater and Packer bandwagon extrordinairre.

fansince'76
02-04-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm so glad I "liberated" myself from ESPN after SB XL. I've saved myself a lot of high blood pressure moments, at least going by other folks' accounts of what's said on that waste of a network.

To the point of the thread, my nomination goes to Peter King for stirring up a shitstorm and then not even getting his quote of Goodell right while doing so. To be honest, I really haven't paid much attention to the sports media at all this week, outside of the articles I've read that have been posted here.

zulater
02-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm so glad I "liberated" myself from ESPN after SB XL. I've saved myself a lot of high blood pressure moments, at least going by other folks' accounts of what's said on that waste of a network.

Actually there's some good folk over at ESPN as well. I know he wasn't a great qb, but I think Trent Dilfer offers as good as insight as anyone I've ever heard on the qb position. and even if it sounds like I'm being a homer, I think Merrill Hoge offers great insight into the game as well.

tube517
02-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Eff BSPN. 2 Super Bowls > 1 Super Bowl - Hard to handle, Steve-o

Also, he's Aaron's buddy so no obvious bias there.

Iron Steeler
02-04-2011, 10:47 AM
This thread is dedicated to the wonderfull members of the media who regularly show a complete disregard for facts, and or recklessly fan the flame of hate, or just prove themselves to be total douche bags in all things concerning the Steelers.

My nominee is so good that we might just retire the trophy the first time we ever give the award.

So without further ado, my nominee for this week's douche, is the one and only Steve Young!

Anyone else hear this guy on Mike and Mike this morning? Not only did he get intlo Ben's grill about "piano bar gate", but he also basically said
Ben gets it done with mirrors, and doesn't play the position the way it's supposed to be played. Apparently Steve thinks the dink and dunk west coast offense is the only one that you can win with in the NFL. He also somehow believes Bens' thrown for over 22,000 yards and has maintained a career qb rating of over 92 without ever completing a pass from the pocket.

Douche bag.

Now remember, this is the same Steve young who was praising ben on the post superbowl interview. He said something along the lines "you made a believer out of me tonight."

He's a flip flopper . People that don't like ben roethlisbergers play is probably because theynl now that they aren't capable to play like him or. Fans wish that their qb could be as tough or clutch(pats fans)

fansince'76
02-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Now remember, this is the same Steve young who was praising ben on the post superbowl interview. He said something along the lines "you made a believer out of me tonight."

Yep. He completely deep throats Ben here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RaOzc4jhnA&feature=related

VTsteel
02-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Steve Young today was way off base . . .

However, my vote for supremely ignorant and pigheaded stubbornness that allows his disdain for the Steelers to permeate EVERYTHING he's said in the past three weeks is - Marshall Faulk. Douchebaggery at it's finest. (And up untill three weeks ago i actually liked him).

HometownGal
02-04-2011, 10:59 AM

Douche bag.

Seriously - I can't top this and now there are two votes for this twizzlefuck. :upyours:

Whatsa matter Steve - afraid Ben is going to end up with more rings than you? If the Steelers win on Sunday, he's got 3 just like you - you wankball. :jerkit:

The Duke
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Steve Young's from espn right?

sounds like a perfect description for the job

NJarhead
02-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Adam Shine on Sirius' NFL Network. A Brady deepthroater and Packer bandwagon extrordinairre.

Adam Shein's image should BE the actually award.

However, this weeks douche bag is far too obvious for me: TMZ Staff for that bullshit article on Ben.

Texasteel
02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Young is going to be tough to beat, but I will give it a try.

I've been watching Moose Johnson all week and every time anyone said anything complimentary about the Steelers, particularly Ben, he looked like someone slapped him in the face. He has tried shoot down every good statement about the Steelers and has always come back with how much better GB is as that. If Young wins, and he has earned it, Johnson should get honorable mention.

By the way I am looking at another honorable mention on the TV right now. Thank You Mr. Comissioner.

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
wait, doesn't Steve Young get this award for LIFE already? I mean...is there a bigger Douche?

Burghfan58
02-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Young is just pissed and jealous because Ben is going to pass his ass with Super Bowl wins. When Bens career is over, he and Young won't even be mentioned in the same breath.

7SteelGal43
02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Steve Young today was way off base . . .

However, my vote for supremely ignorant and pigheaded stubbornness that allows his disdain for the Steelers to permeate EVERYTHING he's said in the past three weeks is - Marshall Faulk. Douchebaggery at it's finest. (And up untill three weeks ago i actually liked him).

I second that nomination.

7SteelGal43
02-04-2011, 12:42 PM
wait, doesn't Steve Young get this award for LIFE already? I mean...is there a bigger Douche?

yep, Marshall Faulk

BigNastyDefense
02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I gotta vote for Steve Young.

Steve Young is a flip-flopper. Depending on the situation, his opinion changes.

Young may have three rings, but two of them came as a backup to the great Joe Montana.

NJarhead
02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Young is just pissed and jealous because Ben is going to pass his ass with Super Bowl wins. When Bens career is over, he and Young won't even be mentioned in the same breath.
He already has.

Burghfan58
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
He already has.

As a starter you are correct my friend.

Iron Steeler
02-04-2011, 01:18 PM
My nominee for the award goes to......The Entertainment and Sports Programming Network...

Merchant
02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Jamie Dukes is another one that seems to counter every Steelers compliment with a negative statement. When they were discussing DPOY he said it was a two-horse race between Matthews and Peppers, and when Rich Eisen brought up Troy he said he'd missed too many games. Even though Matthews pretty much missed the same amount of playing time as Troy.

BlastFurnace
02-04-2011, 01:38 PM

To the point of the thread, my nomination goes to Peter King for stirring up a shitstorm and then not even getting his quote of Goodell right while doing so. To be honest, I really haven't paid much attention to the sports media at all this week, outside of the articles I've read that have been posted here.

I did the same thing with ESPN. SB XL did it for me.

NJarhead
02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
As a starter you are correct my friend.

Yep, ole Steve's going to have more in common with Charlie Batch after this one (hopefully). haha.

X-Terminator
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Can I just nominate all of the sports media hack "journalists" stinking up the airwaves and internet with their mindless babbling horseshit?

BeerMan
02-04-2011, 01:55 PM
It's hard to pick against Young, but I'll go with Warner for his recent comments:

"I'm just waiting to see Ben as the guy that carries his team at some point in time. The fortunate thing for him is he hasn't had to do that. He carries them in the last two minutes. He makes some key plays. (He's) phenomenal out of the pocket and ad-libbing. But for me, if you go to the Hall of Fame, you have to be a guy who can carry your team week in and week out as a quarterback. That's my opinion."

WTF???

7SteelGal43
02-04-2011, 02:07 PM
It's hard to pick against Young, but I'll go with Warner for his recent comments:

"I'm just waiting to see Ben as the guy that carries his team at some point in time. The fortunate thing for him is he hasn't had to do that. He carries them in the last two minutes. He makes some key plays. (He's) phenomenal out of the pocket and ad-libbing. But for me, if you go to the Hall of Fame, you have to be a guy who can carry your team week in and week out as a quarterback. That's my opinion."

WTF??? WTF indeed

in answer to this particular douchebag's comments, let me quote myself from another thread....

I am sick and tired of hearing people compare Big Ben to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. It's kinda like comparing apples and oranges. No doubt, Brady and Manning are great QBs. You can't argue with those stats, but Ben has one more SB ring than Peyton and is one win away from having as many as Tom. And the last time I checked, during any given play, there are 11 men on the field. In a word, it's a TEAM thing. And the Steelers are a great TEAM. Ask the Miami Dolphins fans how they feel about having a HOF QB who was a record breaker and definitely on ANY "top 5 greatest QBs of all time" list. Look at Terry Bradshaw. He wasn't a top five QB, or a "statmeister", but he's got 4 rings, cause Like Ben, he just WON. On any given Sunday, I'll take BIG BEN ROETHLISBERGER !

HometownGal
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
He already has.

Nope - not yet buddy. Young has 3 rings, Ben has 2 - until Sunday. :tt03:

Wonder what ShitInMyMouth Sharpe has to say?

ALLD
02-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Nobody outside of Pittsburgh wants Ben to get a third ring, especially that horse-faced, mush mouth Shannon "Not a HoFer" Sharpe.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I cant get a hate on for a guy that is 1. A NFL Hall of Fame QB, 2. a Super Bowl MVP, 3. an educated man, 4. a man of faith.

So Steve Young likes textbook QB play like Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Big deal. He still has forgot more about football than anybody on this board.

I think Skip Bayless can be in the running for this award just about every week.

X-Terminator
02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I cant get a hate on for a guy that is 1. A NFL Hall of Fame QB, 2. a Super Bowl MVP, 3. an educated man, 4. a man of faith.

So Steve Young likes textbook QB play like Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Big deal. He still has forgot more about football than anybody on this board.

I think Skip Bayless can be in the running for this award just about every week.

I can.

Fuck Steve Young.

When he starts showing Ben the respect he's earned on the field, then maybe I'll reconsider. Until then...see above.

tube517
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Young has such an anti Ben bias it's sickening. I don't care if he's a HOF'er, a man of faith, or is Glenn Carano and worships sheep. He blasted Ben before XLIII and then sat there while Ben led the last minute comeback and basically ate crow and refused to say Ben was an elite QB. He's a DOUCHE.

Texasteel
02-04-2011, 05:20 PM

No Gonzo, it would not be fair to let Bayless in any asshole competition.

That would be like letting Joe Green play Pee Wee football.

Borski
02-04-2011, 05:29 PM
TMZ

Craic
02-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Well--- Not exactly media, but I nominate all the idiots from SN that have been trolling and giving us a bad name.

stlrtruck
02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Commissioner Roger Goodell

tube517
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
My other nomination goes to (ALLD's favorite) Tom Jackson of ESPN - for his disbelief at his favorite team The Patriots* losing and basically in mourning while his least favorite team goes to capture the AFC Championship.

Tom -it is time to retire now. You are no longer relevant.

Kittyfish
02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
I think Skip Bayless can be in the running for this award just about every week

To be fair, for the limited amount of time I've been able to stand ESPN this week, Skip has been very complimenary to Ben and has been just about the only one to give Ben any credit at all. First and Ten asked several times variations of the "who would you pick as QB" question and Skip chose Ben every time and called the question itself an insult to Ben. Everybody else was picking Rodgers because of his great mobility and escapability and how he can make plays out of the pocket and you can count on him for that last-minute comeback play. Plus, Pittsburgh has such a great defense, and of course everybody knows GB's D sucks eggs. Right? I don't mind someone preferring Rodgers (and I do like being considered the underdog here) but really, WTF? That's why you would want Rodgers over Ben? The potential over the proven history? Okay, whatever.

My vote goes to Steve Young. Oh, and honorable mention to Michelle Beadle, who cannot bring herself to say one nice thing about Ben, ever, and goes out of her way to say something nasty about him - it's getting so I can't stand the sound of her voice. Beyotch.

86WARD
02-04-2011, 08:54 PM

GREAT nomination...

oneforthetoe
02-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I too vote for Steve Young. And he may have 3 rings but only one of them counts. In the first two he was simply acting as Joe Montana's condom recycler. I guess it is having such a tiny penis that makes one not like anything with the word big in it. Honorable mention goes to Keyshawn Johnson for suggesting that it was OK for Ben to go out for dinner and for a drink ..... but he should not have been singing and dancing. Yes he actually said that.

I have to defend King and Bayless a little. King is just doing his job. It was Goodell who should have kept his mouth shut. King defended Ben about his night out. Further, he has done nothing but laud the Steelers' and Ravens' style of football - particularly when they play one another. And for what it is worth, he picked us to win this game.

As for Bayless, I am still not on board with him. However, as was mentioned, he has defended Ben at almost every turn on First Take.

BPS3akaWirels3
02-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Dam.. I thought maybe someone would vote for me..

Texasteel
02-05-2011, 07:55 AM
OK guys. If we are talking about just the last week or so, I will withdraw my support for Bayless. If we are talking about his body of work, Bayless is still the King.

zulater
02-05-2011, 08:01 AM
OK guys. If we are talking about just the last week or so, I will withdraw my support for Bayless. If we are talking about his body of work, Bayless is still the King.

But if we're talking about a genuine and consistent Steeler hating douche, not just a overall douche, then I think Steve Young stands alone far ahead of the pack. ( no pun intended :chuckle:)

Texasteel
02-05-2011, 08:10 AM
But if we're talking about a genuine and consistent Steeler hating douche, not just a overall douche, then I think Steve Young stands alone far ahead of the pack. ( no pun intended :chuckle:)

Absolutely, positively, no question or argument. Bayless is just a more well rounded douche bag.

steel striker
02-05-2011, 10:09 AM
For me it is Steve cry baby Young & Beadle they can't even mention that Ben is a good Qb. They just want to be a hater and, talk about the off the field stuff which proves the are not non bias. Can't stand either one of those people snd, Peter King is a close third place. I guess people can't make professional comments about the game.

tube517
02-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Wow...Skip Bayless is all about the Steelers today. He blasted everyone for not giving respect to the Steelers. Amani "Well Dressed" Toomer said Hines had "diminished skills". Skip went ballistic. Really? On this stage? Funny to watch.

Kittyfish
02-06-2011, 10:45 AM
He's been all about the Steelers all this past week. That's what I've been trying to tell you. Nice to have someone standing up for your side, though, even if it is Skip who can drive me absolutley batsh** at times. I think he just likes being contrary.

tube517
02-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, and head douche Steve Young now calls the Steelers a "Super Dynasty" if they win. They are the only team that keeps their identity and has been consistent for 40 years. Sorry, Steve, your explanation is good but we don't need your one ring ass on our bandwagon.

Tom Jackson is still in denial. (Sorry ALLD)

siss
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Commissioner Roger Goodell

He gets the all time award!

siss
02-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I would like to nominate Mark Sanchez. Although he might have just become Ben's new best bud!

zulater
02-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I would like to nominate Mark Sanchez. Although he might have just become Ben's new best bud!

Yeah, at least Ben waits until they're old enough to pass for 21.

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Mine goes to the 2/3 rds of the United States of America that's seemingly riding with the packers. The majority of these people aren't packers fans, just Steeler haters.