PDA

View Full Version : Ward is Steelers' receivers' peerless leader

stillers4me
02-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Hines Ward likes to call himself “the leader of the wideouts.”

He’s not bragging when he says it, and none of his teammates ever have a problem with it. Everyone knows that’s exactly what he is. He leads with his play. He leads with a willingness to share his knowledge with any of the wide receivers who’ve joined the team over the past 13 years.

And Thursday night, Ward led again by gathering up the entire Steelers wideout corps and taking them out to dinner on his dime.

“I just want to get their whole perspective on the Super Bowl, to see where they’re at,” he said. “I thought it would be kind of unique for all the wideouts to get together and break bread and eat together, sit around at the table and talk about our experience.” ..............

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2011/february/03/ward-is-steelers-receivers-peerless-leader.html

Butch
02-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Ward, 34, has no intention of calling it a career. He’s not going to do what Jerome Bettis did six years ago after helping the Steelers win a Super Bowl in his native Detroit and retire while he’s on top of the football world.
“I’m not retiring. I’m not in the mood to retire,” said Ward, who’s under contract through the 2013 season.
“That was the number one question that was asked of me this week. It’s almost like they’re pushing me out. But until coach (Mike) Tomlin says he does not need my services anymore, I am going to continue playing.”

To all of you who have put my man Hines out to pasture...SHAME ON YOU!!!

It's not in his chemistry to go out like that and I knew it all along!!! Go Hines!!! Go Steelers!!!

tube517
02-04-2011, 10:07 AM
I love Hines as much as anyone but he was the one who brought up the retirement talk if he wins 3 Super Bowls.

Ward also indicated that, if the Steelers win the Super Bowl, he would retire after the season. During his 40-minute Q&A session with North Hills football players, the 13-year veteran said his career would be complete with another ring.

"If I win three Super Bowls, I'm retiring," Ward said. "I'm telling you that right now."

Read more: Ward 'discouraged' by Big Ben's actions - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_676676.html?feed=9#ixzz1D0UFOo66