PDA

View Full Version : Colon defends Roethlisberger after TMZ report

stillers4me
02-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Right tackle Willie Colon has protected Ben Roethlisberger on the football field for years.

On Thursday, Colon came to his quarterback's defense off the field after TMZ.com reported that Roethlisberger and two teammates were partying at a piano bar after curfew two nights earlier.

"We are not 18-year-olds," Colon said. "We made our (1 a.m.) curfew, we were in bed, and we were on time for practice."

Roethlisberger yesterday admitted taking teammates out to dinner and then to watch live music but denied being out past curfew, saying the players were back at the team hotel "way before curfew."

A manager at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Forth Worth told the Tribune-Review that Roethlisberger and four offensive linemen showed up about 10 p.m. Tuesday and left shortly before midnight.

"They participated along with the crowd," said the manager, who wished to remain nameless. "Ben was very gracious. He bought the house one round of drinks, took pictures. ... It was a really cool night."..................

...................."He is with his family a lot, with his mom and dad a lot, he is with his fiance, he is with people who he loves to be around." (oops....Willie let the cat out of the bag!! :lol:)

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_721329.html

Craic
02-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Wow! 2 hours at a piano bar.

Press better get all over that again! How dare he!

Ridiculous.

Merchant
02-04-2011, 06:38 AM
Fiancee.. looks like Benjamin really is settling down.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IQUeyxlhBJE/TLtneyX8REI/AAAAAAAAIeM/CZFDBkg0jSE/s1600/cat_out_of_the_bag.gif

TheRuneMeister
02-04-2011, 07:21 AM
I must admit, when I heard the story my first reaction was 'HE WAS DOING WHAT?'. I thought that drinking alcohol seemed like a pretty bad idea less than a week before the Super Bowl. However, there is no doubt that this was a Tuesday tradition for these guys, and my playoff beard reminded me that you shouldn't mess with tradition. These guys are pro athletes and know their bodies very well.

I saw a documentary about Super Bowl IX the other day where Mean Joe mentioned them going out on Monday and 'getting New Orleans out of their system' so to speak. And we all know how that worked out. (to be fair, one guy got food poisoning and ended up in the hospital...took one for the team)

fansince'76
02-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Nothing to defend him for, since he didn't do a damn thing wrong.

ALLD
02-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Ben can't say or do anything without being scrutinized by the media. Now he may actually have a reason to have an attitude.

HometownGal
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
"We are not 18-year-olds," Colon said. "We made our (1 a.m.) curfew, we were in bed, and we were on time for practice."

AMEN. :applaudit:

:upyours: TMZ and your twisting and turning of facts (as always).

Iron Steeler
02-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Didnt Aaron Rodgers go out that night too??? Where is his TMZ report?

vtw8lftr
02-04-2011, 09:25 AM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy187/vtw8lftr/haterscenter.jpg

JayC
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
so stupid. tmz needs to get a life instead of following/creeping up on people all day

tube517
02-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Yes, but did Ben really only pay a 25% tip?? He is a 100 million dollar QB. That is the real scandal. Cheapskate :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
02-04-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't see where the controversy is here.

He didn't sexually assault anyone, he didn't get plastered drunk, he didn't do anything to get arrested.

It's a piano bar, not a strip club. He bought a round of drinks for the entire damn bar, pretty generous.

TMZ = Tabloid Website

Shawn
02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately, Ben can never go out to a bar without being scrutinized. In the media's eyes he's guilty and could do it again any day of the week. It's bullshit, but that's the way it is. It should be a non-story, ESPN says it is, but they talked about it on EVERY show on ESPN Radio yesterday.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-04-2011, 10:35 AM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy187/vtw8lftr/haterscenter.jpg

I love me some playa hatas club!!!!

On a serious note, I was out getting drunk till 1 am last night. Nothing wrong with it.

7SteelGal43
02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Nothing to defend him for, since he didn't do a damn thing wrong.

that was my first thought when I saw the thread title. I mean really, people of the press...... W T F ?!!

stillers4me
02-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Ben does not have an alcohol problem.

He has a problem with drunk women.

Big difference.