PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XL replay.

Edman
02-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Watching this on NFL Network...

It's incredible how much of a step-up Harrison/Woodley are from Porter/Haggans.

Several times I've seen Haggans run himself around his guy and right out of the play. Porter either dropped in coverage or was stoned by Walter Jones. Our LB Pass Rush definitely wasn't as fearsome.

Galax Steeler
02-04-2011, 03:17 AM
What a super bowl that was and they are still crying about it.

BlastFurnace
02-04-2011, 07:11 AM
For the past 4 years, I have thought that Harrison is more dominant than Porter ever was. Even as a rookie, Woodley was kicking down Haggans playing time.

To be fair to Joey though, he had a dominant post season that year and he was facing Walter Jones, who was perhaps the best LT in the league.

SteelerSal
02-04-2011, 07:13 AM
For the past 4 years, I have thought that Harrison is more dominant than Porter ever was.

Far less vocal too....the way I like it.

tube517
02-04-2011, 09:51 AM
"Who's Jerramy Stephens?"

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, we still won. Locklear and Gray still held, Jackson still pushed off, Kemo still dominated Walter Jones and they are still crying.

I guess that is why I bought that one on DVD.

fansince'76
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
What a super bowl that was and they are still crying about it.

Actually, the game itself was really poorly played by both teams - one of the worst SBs I've ever seen personally. That's a primary reason such a big deal is still made about the officiating. Between Ben's game-long jitters, Jerramy Stephens' butterfingers, Holmgren's Pop Warner-level clock management at the end of both halves, and about a thousand missed opportunities by both teams, SB XL as a football game absolutely sucked. What bugs me the most about all the whining that still goes on is the ridiculously off-base misperception by Squawks fans that their team played well in that game. Sorry, but no, they didn't. Neither did we, but somebody had to win.

tube517
02-04-2011, 11:51 AM
SB XL did have 2 of the great plays of SB history. FWP's 75 yd run and Mr. Fair Catch's throw to #86.

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
its a blow out if Ben doesn't short arm that one throw to the corner of the endzone and allow it to be picked off and ran back forever and a mile...thank goodness El was on it.

seriously though, Ben makes that TD pass and its game over at that point.