PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl confidence level.

zulater
02-03-2011, 10:19 PM
How confident are you in a Steelers win over the Packers in Super Bowl XLV?

steelreserve
02-03-2011, 10:20 PM
hella confident.

stillers4me
02-03-2011, 10:24 PM
As the days go on, I'm feeling more and more confident that the media did their usual knee jerk reaction to the Pack. And they are completely overlooking the obvious.

The Steelers will not be denied Lombardi #7.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2011, 10:31 PM
95+++

Steelers 48
Packers 0

wvsportsman
02-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm confident but not overconfident, as these two teams are pretty evenly matched. If we can limit the mistakes we should get the W.

HERE WE GO!!!

memphissteelergirl
02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm confident but not overconfident, as these two teams are pretty evenly matched. If we can limit the mistakes we should get the W.

HERE WE GO!!!

^This.

GoSlash27
02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
This one's a tossup IMO. This definitely ain't like the last 2.

zulater
02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I voted somewhat, but I'm nudging up to very the closer we get to game time.

steelpride12
02-05-2011, 10:12 PM
I know not to take the Pack lightly, but I know the Steelers won't either and as our team get's older and before the younger guys take over I think it's time they will get #7!

steeldevil
02-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I would say we have a slight to moderate edge. I'm starting to get really nervous.

Devilsdancefloor
02-05-2011, 11:15 PM
75% but by game time i should be 90ish lol here we go steelers here we go!

ColdRolledSteel
02-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Steelers are 6-1 in Super Bowl appearances. 6-1... Let that sink in for a moment. The Super Bowl we did lose was behind a very pedestrian QB. Ben Roethlisberger is 2-0 in his Super Bowl Visits. In the last 9 Games this year, the Steelers are 8-1 while our opponent the Packers are 6-3 The Packers had a close call in their last game by a Rookie Bears QB named Hanie who had never taken a snap in the NFL prior to this game. I'm VERY confident, with a clear understanding that anything can happen.

Boomerang
02-06-2011, 02:02 AM
I am supremely confident we will win.We have the pedigree and will take hold of the game in the 3rd quarter.

Craic
02-06-2011, 02:07 AM
No choice for 50-50?

Texasteel
02-06-2011, 06:56 AM
I am more confident this morning than I have been all week.

HometownGal
02-06-2011, 06:56 AM
I said "VERY" and I'm sticking with that. :thumbsup: Though I know it sure isn't going to be easy, I believe in these guys and their fierce motivation to be the best! :tt02:

venom
02-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Im a nervous wreck. It will be a tough one tonight . Must scare the crap out of Rodgers with a few hits in the 1st quarter and we will be fine

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 08:26 AM
I think we should win, but we are fairly evenly matched imo. Which ever team brings more of their A game.

JayC
02-06-2011, 10:03 AM
my feeling has been a toss-up, but in ben i trust.

fansince'76
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Cautiously optimistic, as always. "Somewhat" was my vote.

Shoes
02-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Very!

X-Terminator
02-06-2011, 10:44 AM
I voted "very," on the border of "extremely." We are bringing it home, boys and girls.

stillers4me
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
I voted "very," on the border of "extremely." We are bringing it home, boys and girls.

^^^^^I like it!^^^^^

Kittyfish
02-06-2011, 10:50 AM
I am actually pretty damn confident, which worries the poo out of me - we usually play better when I am more pessimistic. I just can't see us losing - I mean, we hardly ever do, in this situation. 6 out of 7 is a pretty good track record, after all. I am sure I'll get more worried once the game gets here. I think I'll just be glad when it's over - I've literally been dreaming football for the last week or so. We won! We lost! Wait - the game hasn't even been played yet! Yes it has, and we won! etc. I did this last time we were in the SB so maybe it's not such a bad thing. But last night (I really shouldn't be telling you this, but we're all friends here, right?) I dreamed *I* caught the game winning TD pass from Ben. Me, Kittyfish. This is getting ridiculous.

zulater
02-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I am actually pretty damn confident, which worries the poo out of me - we usually play better when I am more pessimistic. I just can't see us losing - I mean, we hardly ever do, in this situation. 6 out of 7 is a pretty good track record, after all. I am sure I'll get more worried once the game gets here. I think I'll just be glad when it's over - I've literally been dreaming football for the last week or so. We won! We lost! Wait - the game hasn't even been played yet! Yes it has, and we won! etc. I did this last time we were in the SB so maybe it's not such a bad thing. But last night (I really shouldn't be telling you this, but we're all friends here, right?) I dreamed *I* caught the game winning TD pass from Ben. Me, Kittyfish. This is getting ridiculous.

Freud would have had a field day with the symbolism of that one kitty. :chuckle: :wink02:

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
95% and I have bet money on it to back it up. The only reason to think anything else is because you fell for the hype. Rodgers =/= God. That's really all you need to know to laugh at the odds. The Packers are a "favorite" because the sheep are tired of the Steelers and want someone else to win, that's all.

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 01:13 PM

Hey, I had a dream the other night that we put Smith on IR and signed Parker to replace him. It woke me up in a panic.

zulater
02-06-2011, 05:11 PM
This might make you feel better after getting beat down by just about every national prognosticater who's picking the Pack.

Why the Steelers will win.

Caught a little of the pregame coverage this morning on various networks and noticed that most of them are picking the Packers and since the Pack is a 2 ½ point favorite, that stands to reason. I also believe that the Steelers games against New England and New Orleans have people skittish about picking them against an offense that also can spread out there defense and go to work.

But I like Dick LeBeau’s chances to come up with something over the course of two weeks to combat that. Here is what I believe he will do. Since the Packers have no running game to speak of and since their strength is their passing game, the Steelers expect Green Bay to come out throwing and not stop.

The Steelers long preach about making a team one-dimensional by first stopping the run. Green Bay will save them the trouble by not even trying to run. So the Steelers will go after Aaron Rodgers. Sometimes. On other occasions they will drop into coverage. They will mix things up so that he won’t have a clue as to what they are going to do. They will give him a variety of blitzes – they are not going to sit passively in coverage all day the way they did against New England.

Remember what Dick LeBeau said after that New England game? He told some people that if they had to play the Patriots, they would never do that again to his defense.

Well, I believe that experience will help them here. John Kuhn is not going to beat this team by running. It has to be all Aaron Rodgers and his receivers. They will get their yards. But I believe they also will commit a few turnovers that will prove costly. The Steelers have the best defense the Packers will have seen this year.

On offense, look for a few trick plays. The Steelers have been practicing them and will pull one or two out of their pockets today. I don’t know what they are but look for it to happen.

I believe Ben Roethlisberger will have a huge game and Aaron Rodgers will not. My pick for MVP is BR and not AR.

Steelers 24, Packers 13.http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...nd-here-is-why