PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin goes for Super encore

stillers4me
02-03-2011, 05:26 PM
The Steelers hired a young coach named Mike Tomlin in January 2007 and immediately questions arose.

People surprised that ownership hired a 34-year-old with impressive credentials but no head coaching experience to lead the storied franchise asked, "Why?'' and not "Can he do the job?''

"Why would the Steelers take a chance on someone so young and unproven?'' they wondered aloud.

Three years and one Super Bowl title later, the questions are moot. Tomlin has emerged as a star.

Yet as the Steelers prepare to face the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV on Sunday at Cowboys Stadium, a new question has emerged: After becoming the youngest coach to win one Super Bowl, can Tomlin become the youngest coach to win two Super Bowls?

In Tomlin's case, age is irrelevant.

"I think the key is to get people like coach Tomlin who are capable of doing the job on their own and try not to do the job for them,'' Steelers president Art Rooney II said. "Coach and I talk every day, but I don't try to call the plays. I don't try to tell him who to play. If there's something he wants to bounce off me, fine. But we hired him to do the job because we had confidence he could do it — and he's done a great job.''................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_721093.html

beSteelmyheart
02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
"I think the key is to get people like coach Tomlin who are capable of doing the job on their own and try not to do the job for them,'' Steelers president Art Rooney II said. "Coach and I talk every day, but I don't try to call the plays. I don't try to tell him who to play. If there's something he wants to bounce off me, fine. But we hired him to do the job because we had confidence he could do it — and he's done a great job.''
Read more: Tomlin goes for Super encore - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_721093.html#ixzz1CwTlb2Bz

And this, my friends, is exactly why the Dallas Cowboys are NOT going to be playing in their new stadium for the SB this year-or in the SB at all for quite awhile.

SMR
02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
"I think the key is to get people like coach Tomlin who are capable of doing the job on their own and try not to do the job for them,'' Steelers president Art Rooney II said. "Coach and I talk every day, but I don't try to call the plays. I don't try to tell him who to play. If there's something he wants to bounce off me, fine. But we hired him to do the job because we had confidence he could do it — and he's done a great job.''
Read more: Tomlin goes for Super encore - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_721093.html#ixzz1CwTlb2Bz

And this, my friends, is exactly why the Dallas Cowboys are NOT going to be playing in their new stadium for the SB this year-or in the SB at all for quite awhile.

Ya took the words right outta my mouth. Thanks for that!