PDA

View Full Version : Jay Gruden heads to NFL as Bengals' offensive coordinator

tube517
02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Booooo....our area finally gets a football team (UFL, don't laugh :chuckle:) and the coach already left.....for the Bungles.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/feb/03/jay-gruden-heads-to-nfl-as-bengals-offensive-coord/news-breaking/

BigNastyDefense
02-04-2011, 11:20 AM
He was one of the best Arena Football League players ever and one of their more successful coaches.

I think Brown is buying into the Gruden name. Lets see what type of success he has in Cinci. This is just like Mike Brown....doesn't want to pay the big money for the really good guy, so he instead buys the cheaper version.

I'm not saying that John Gruden would have coached the Bengals, just that if the opportunity arose, Mike Brown would instead promote Jay Gruden to head coach instead of paying the big money to the accomplished John Gruden.

ALLD
02-04-2011, 02:40 PM
What' the difference between Jim Harbaugh and Jay Gruden? It's like having the actors Stallone and Belushi as guests on your talk show, but then the audience finding out it is Frank and Jim.

tube517
02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
:rofl2:

What' the difference between Jim Harbaugh and Jay Gruden? It's like having the actors Stallone and Belushi as guests on your talk show, but then the audience finding out it is Frank and Jim.

KeiselPower99
02-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Gruden really didnt want to leave Orlando but the UFL forced his hand and instead of being forced to coach a team in Virginia he heads to the NFL.

Psycho Ward 86
02-04-2011, 05:51 PM
I thought I read JON Gruden for a second there. That would've really made things interesting. Not afraid of Jay at all, really