PDA

View Full Version : Reed says chances of re-signing '50-50'

Psycho Ward 86
06-11-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_685283.html

Reed says chances of re-signing '50-50'

Jeff Reed hopes to sign a long-term contract with the Steelers. But the veteran kicker said it is not a foregone conclusion that he will be with the team following the 2010 season.

The Steelers used the franchise tag on Reed in February to keep the eight-year veteran from becoming an unrestricted free agent, and he later signed the one-year, $2.841 million deal that came with the designation.

The two sides have until July 15 to agree on a new contract, but when recently asked the chances of that happening, Reed said, "fifty-fifty."

"I want it to happen — they want it to happen — but I'm not just going to sign anything," said Reed, who made 27 of 31 field goal attempts last season.

The Steelers are not actively negotiating contracts with any players, and Reed did not give a number as far as what he is seeking.

Sebastian Janikowski may have raised the salary bar for kickers in February when he signed a four-year, $16 million deal with the Raiders.

If the Steelers and Reed do not agree on a new contract before the middle of July, he will play out his existing one and become a free agent.

"I feel like I'm a pretty valuable kicker to any team," Reed said, "and my heart's set on something specific that I think I'm worth and I won't deviate much from it."

He said his heart is also set on staying with the Steelers. ( A little hope perhaps?~Psycho Ward 86)

"If you can play your whole career in one uniform, that's pretty commendable," Reed said. "Even more than that this organization's classy, tons of character and top notch. I've heard a lot of stories about other organizations that I don't want to be a part of."

JoeCactus
06-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I would cut reed.......he is a negative force on the team...........he lost two game by himself last year.............made 12-4 and playoffs 10-6 and no playoffs............

we do not need Jeff Reed

Devilsdancefloor
06-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Actually the team lost those games, but i see where you are coming from. I say nay to cutting reed that would be crazy

Galax Steeler
06-12-2010, 04:25 AM
I would cut reed.......he is a negative force on the team...........he lost two game by himself last year.............made 12-4 and playoffs 10-6 and no playoffs............

we do not need Jeff Reed

Everyone has a bad game and there is alot of pressure on kickers in the nfl. Reed is one of the best in the league why would we cut him the man made 27 of 31 field goals last year cutting him would be an insane move by the team.

The WH
06-12-2010, 05:56 AM
two of the 4 he missed were absurd field goal attempts called in my Mr. T

HometownGal
06-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Everyone has a bad game and there is alot of pressure on kickers in the nfl. Reed is one of the best in the league why would we cut him the man made 27 of 31 field goals last year cutting him would be an insane move by the team.

Exactly. :thumbsup: The Steelers need to find a way to sign Reed, as he's one of the best FG kickers in the game today, particularly at HF where we play half of our games.

Burghfan58
06-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Guess what Jeff, The fans are probably 50/50 as to wether they want you back. Although Reed has had some good years with the Steelers he has kickoff issues and off field issues. What ever happens happens. It may be time to move on.

Psycho Ward 86
06-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Isn't he like top 10-15 all time in accuracy?

BnG_Hevn
06-12-2010, 04:34 PM
I think he was referring to the missed tackles, not so much missed field goals.

steelpride12
06-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Reed is one of the best at Heinz Field one of the toughest stadiums to kick in and he is one of the best in the league for sure. Every player has their off game, but when it comes to big games and playoffs Reed always shine bright. Sign him.

ALLD
06-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Reed is a good fit as a Steeler provided we can find a punter for kicking off. Reed is pretty accurate overall, but he is no Gary Anderson.

JoeCactus
06-12-2010, 09:23 PM

I do not like guys who wave at people on a kickoff as they run for a TD to beat..........If you want to keep him get someone who plays to kick off

MasterOfPuppets
06-12-2010, 09:27 PM
here's an old reed article.... he has certainly forgotten about his humble beginings

Rookie kicker Reed confident he can kick Heinz Field curse
By Joe Starkey, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, December 1, 2002

You think it took guts to strut into the kicker’s graveyard known as Heinz Field and boot three field goals in his very first game?

Jeff Reed has done bolder things.

Take, for example, the time he told his father he planned to get an ear pierced. His father had a quick reply.

“I told him he would need a place to live if he did that, and the same goes for tattoos,” Morris Reed recalled Monday, as he spoke from the Charlotte, N.C., transmission shop he manages. “By golly, he did it, anyway.”

Jeff Reed is nothing if not bold. He sported a diamond stud in his left ear as he greeted reporters after his memorable debut last Sunday, when he kicked the game-winning 45-yard field goal against the Cincinnati Bengals. He must have answered 20 questions about the treacherous field before he finally made a firm proclamation.

“I want to change whatever they call the Heinz Field jinx.”

Reed has a ways to go — he did miss a field goal and an extra point — but if self-confidence and a powerful right leg mean anything, he just might make peace with the big yellow beast.

SOCCER STYLE

Reed’s quadriceps muscles are so thick that teammate Josh Miller refers to him as quadzilla. Larry Bosc, the boys soccer coach at East Mecklenburg High School in Charlotte, N.C., remembers Reed doing some incredible things on the pitch.

“Jeff strikes a ball harder than anyone I’ve ever seen,” Bosc said. “Our goalkeepers had to be ready. If they weren’t, they could break a wrist easily.”

One time, Reed took a goal kick that landed on a teammate’s foot 85 yards away. The teammate scored, but the middle referee mistakenly called offside.

“There is no offside on a goal kick,” Bosc said. “But I guess (the referee) was shocked because he’d never seen a player kick the ball that far.”

Reed, 23, and his sister, Kristen, grew up playing soccer in their hometown of Oletha, Kan., where their father coached football. Kristen, 26, would go on to play semi-pro soccer. The family moved to Charlotte when Reed was in the fourth grade.

Morris Reed, who coached the kickers back in Kansas, imagined his son booting field goals long before his son could fathom it.

“I would tell him, ‘You might want to try to kick that oblong thing one of these days,’ ” Morris Reed said.

It wasn’t until the summer before his senior year of high school that Reed obliged. Being a perfectionist, he practiced religiously, and his mother, Pam, his father and his sister often shagged the footballs.

Reed attracted some college interest by drilling a 54-yard field goal, the second-longest in North Carolina state history. Still, he wanted to play soccer in college. Nothing worked out, so he decided to walk-on at North Carolina.

“You’ll get a good education,” his father told him. “If something else happens, great.”

Something else happened, all right. Reed grew more serious about kicking when he attended a National Kicking Service camp with expert instructors. One of them was former NFL punter Gene Muriaty, whom Reed credits with helping him become an NFL-caliber kicker.

Reed earned the starting job his junior year and a scholarship soon after. He was one of 20 semifinalists for the Lou Groza Award, given to the top kicker in the nation. In two years, he made 28 of 36 field-goal tries and 66 of 67 PATs. The only PAT miss came on his final regular-season attempt — from 35 yards out after a penalty.

Once school was finished, Reed focused on the NFL.

A BREAK

First stop: New Orleans. Reed joined the Saints and made both his preseason field-goal attempts — from 28 and 29 yards — but was released. The New York Giants called next. Reed’s tryout at Giants Stadium was a disaster. The 30 mile-per-hour gusts killed him.

It was the only time Morris Reed sensed his son was losing hope.

“He called us and said, ‘I sucked,’ ” Morris Reed said. “But he kept working.”

Forty-eight hours later, Reed had a good audition in Seattle. That was followed by visits to Detroit and Tampa Bay. The Seahawks were keeping Reed on reserve in case Rian Lindell faltered.

In the meantime, Reed was living in an apartment in Chapel Hill, N.C., and running out of money. A college friend, Chad Love, invited him to work on a dairy farm for $10 an hour. Reed didn’t do much more than mow lawns and clear debris.

The Steelers called Nov. 18. Their struggling kicker, Todd Peterson, had broken a rib, so they auditioned four kickers in the rain and wind at Heinz Field: Reed, NFL veteran Michael Husted, and youngsters Joe O'Donnell and Danny Boyd. They attempted 10 field goals each at the dreaded open end of the field. Reed made 7 of 10, including one from 50 yards. That was enough to convince coach Bill Cowher and director of football operations Kevin Colbert to sign him.

Reed’s agent told him that if he did well, the Steelers would sign him to their practice squad. That’s what Morris Reed was thinking when his son called to say he’d signed.

“I said, ‘That’s good, man, you’ll be able to learn things from Peterson,’ ” Morris Reed said. “He said, ‘No, they signed me.’ I said, ‘I know.’ He said, ‘No, I’m kicking on Sunday.’

“I can’t say what I said then, but I said it real loud about 10 times.”

One of Reed’s first orders of business in Pittsburgh was to try to clear up the nickname thing. A reporter said he heard Reed was called “Skippy” at North Carolina. Reed denied it, but the name made the rounds on radio shows. Steelers players ate it up. Reed’s locker-mate was 255-pound running back Chris Fuamatu-Ma’afala, who introduced himself as “Fu.”

Morris Reed picks up the story from there.

“Jeff said, ‘Nice to meet you,’ and Fu said, ‘Nice to meet you, too, Skippy.’ Jeff says, ‘That’s not my name,’ and Fu says, ‘Well, I’m calling you Skippy.’

“Jeff said, ‘That’s fine.’ ”:lol:

THE BIG DAY

The Reeds flew in last Saturday, where they lunched with the Steelers’ new kicker on Mt. Washington. After that, Reed gave them an inside look at the glamorous life of an NFL player. He took them to a Laundromat.

What could he do? He’d brought only a few clean outfits to Pittsburgh because, he said, “the more you pack, the less chance you have of being on a team.”

It wasn’t such a bad day.

“We drove up to a mall on 279 looking for a Laundromat,” Morris Reed said. “A nice oriental fella told us where we could find one. We spent about three hours there.”

It wouldn’t be nearly as exciting as the three hours they would spend at Heinz Field the next day. The Reed rooting section — his family, his girlfriend, his buddy from the farm and three other friends — took their seats early to watch Reed warm up. They were clad in Carolina white and blue. Kristen Reed said the fans were supportive of her brother — when he made his kicks.

“When he missed, they’d be like, ‘Oh, no,’ ” she said.

Morris Reed was horrified when he saw the field.

“When you have to bring the steamrollers out at halftime,” he said, “it’s bad.”

The crowd, which had long ago turned on Peterson, went wild when Reed converted a first-quarter extra point. The highlight was his 45-yard field goal with 4:44 left, putting the Steelers ahead 23-21. As he went back onto the field for the kickoff, he pointed to his rooting section.

“He said we stood out, because we all had Carolina stuff on,” Kristen Reed said, laughing. “We haven’t had a chance to get any Steelers stuff yet.”

Things would get a bit dicey. Reed missed an extra point that would have iced the game, but he probably saved a touchdown when he pulled down T.J. Houshmandzadeh by the facemask on a kick return with 2:45 left.

After the mob of reporters dispersed, Reed turned to quarterback Kordell Stewart and apologized for missing the PAT.

“Hey, you made it exciting,” Stewart said. “It happens sometimes.”

Reed knows that his journey, long as it’s been, has only just begun.

“You can kind of feel like a hero for a week, but I mean, what’s one week?” he said. “I have five (games) left and then, the playoffs. You can’t just have one good day and expect them all to love you.”

Oh yes, you can.

Until your next attempt, anyway.

stillers4me
06-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Great article. I think Morris has completely lost control of his kid, though. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Guess what Jeff, The fans are probably 50/50 as to wether they want you back. Although Reed has had some good years with the Steelers he has kickoff issues and off field issues. What ever happens happens. It may be time to move on.

Nice post. When players want too much money, the Steelers generally let them go find it elsewhere. I'm 50/50 for letting him go and getting another kicker for $1million that can do the job.

Galax Steeler
06-13-2010, 07:56 AM
I do not like guys who wave at people on a kickoff as they run for a TD to beat..........If you want to keep him get someone who plays to kick off

That may be true but it shouldn't be up to the kicker to make a tackle on a kickoff. It is a break down on special teams they should be the ones making the tackle not reed.

HometownGal
06-13-2010, 08:00 AM
That may be true but it shouldn't be up to the kicker to make a tackle on a kickoff. It is a break down on special teams they should be the ones making the tackle not reed.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

AMEN. He's paid to kick FG's and PAT's which he does extremely well. Though I wish his kickoffs were a little better, I'll take Skippy over just about any other PK in the league.

X-Terminator
06-13-2010, 09:48 AM

Exactly.

It's absolutely amazing to me how some people want to tar and feather Reed for those TDs, and not place one iota of blame on the other 10 guys whose job it is to make sure Reed is NOT the last line of defense. But I shouldn't be surprised - fans are always looking for a scapegoat.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Exactly.

It's absolutely amazing to me how some people want to tar and feather Reed for those TDs, and not place one iota of blame on the other 10 guys whose job it is to make sure Reed is NOT the last line of defense. But I shouldn't be surprised - fans are always looking for a scapegoat.

I think some fans are unrealistic........but I also think some expect the guy to at least be a football player and make an effort on those. For a guy that likes to take on the cops while drunk, he looks more wimpy than a Grammatica on the field.

Again, if he wants $2.5- $3million.........C- ya.

tony hipchest
06-13-2010, 10:53 AM
this is professional football.

10 vs 11 is a huge disadvantage in any phase of the game. if reed stays its up to the coaches to redefine his role.

X-Terminator
06-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I think some fans are unrealistic........but I also think some expect the guy to at least be a football player and make an effort on those. For a guy that likes to take on the cops while drunk, he looks more wimpy than a Grammatica on the field.

Again, if he wants $2.5- $3million.........C- ya.

Well, to each their own. I understand that sentiment, but I still disagree that he should be expected to make that tackle. His job is to kick...it's the other 10 guys' jobs to tackle the returner so that he does not have to be in position to make a tackle.

I'd pay him up to the average salary of $2.5 million, maybe up it to about $2.8. But if he wants what Janikowski got, then see ya later. No kicker is worth $4 million a year.

Burghfan58
06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Exactly.

I would like to see more of an effort out of Reed on the tackle attempts but my main issue with him is his lack of distance on kickoffs. When the opposing team is receiving the ball with a running start at the 10 to 12 yard line it kills our field position. They have to correct that this season and hopefully will.

tony hipchest
06-13-2010, 11:03 AM
i thought steelerfans loved sepulvedas willingness to get in the mix and make a tackle.

i can throw out cliches like a "hat on a hat" and "will and want to" but if the ST philosophy is our 10 vs their 11, we are at a mathematical disadvantage, and it will usually leave 1 man running free (4 times last year it was the man with the ball).

it is a losing formula that the opponents coordinator will capitalize on and our coach will find himself unemployed.

X-Terminator
06-13-2010, 11:09 AM
i thought steelerfans loved sepulvedas willingness to get in the mix and make a tackle.

i can throw out cliches like a "hat on a hat" and "will and want to" but if the ST philosophy is our 10 vs their 11, we are at a mathematical disadvantage, and it will usually leave 1 man running free (4 times last year it was the man with the ball).

it is a losing formula that the opponents coordinator will capitalize on and our coach will find himself unemployed.

That's NOT what I'm saying here. I'm saying that Reed shouldn't even be in that position to begin with, and therefore expecting him to make a tackle is unrealistic - in my opinion. He's considered the last line of defense for a reason. If he was supposed to make a tackle as well as kick off, then he'd be right in there with the rest of the guys, wouldn't he? The rest of the coverage units should take a hell of a lot of blame too, because their breakdowns led to the returner getting free. It should NOT be all on Reed.

HometownGal
06-13-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm saying that Reed shouldn't even be in that position to begin with, and therefore expecting him to make a tackle is unrealistic - in my opinion. He's considered the last line of defense for a reason. If he was supposed to make a tackle as well as kick off, then he'd be right in there with the rest of the guys, wouldn't he? The rest of the coverage units should take a hell of a lot of blame too, because their breakdowns led to the returner getting free. It should NOT be all on Reed.

I agree 100%.

Personally, I don't want to see our K or P in a position where they are the last line of defense to a return man. It puts added risk of injury to their legs, which are their bread and butter and can make a difference in a W or a L, especially in Reed's case. Sure it's kind of cool knowing that DSep actually enjoys that physical contact, but he's smart enough to know that protecting that leg from injury takes top billing over wanting to get in there and hit someone.

tony hipchest
06-13-2010, 11:17 AM
That's NOT what I'm saying here. I'm saying that Reed shouldn't even be in that position to begin with, and therefore expecting him to make a tackle is unrealistic - in my opinion. He's considered the last line of defense for a reason. If he was supposed to make a tackle as well as kick off, then he'd be right in there with the rest of the guys, wouldn't he? The rest of the coverage units should take a hell of a lot of blame too, because their breakdowns led to the returner getting free. It should NOT be all on Reed.i blame the coaches, not the rest of the coverage units. like i said, 11 on 10 is a losing formula. even with the greatest players, a good coach can out scheme with an advantage like that.

i think the main point is that if reed is a liablility in 2 out of the 3 phases of his game, he probably isnt worth what he is expecting.

thats not a blame issue, but a simple one of true market value.

tom brady is not worth being the highest paid qb in the league although most patfans will disagree.

jeff reed is not worth being the 2nd highest paid K in the league, although most steelerfans will disagree.

and im a big jeff reed fan. i like his off the field shenanigans and kookiness, and think hes damn good on place kicks.

X-Terminator
06-13-2010, 11:35 AM
i blame the coaches, not the rest of the coverage units. like i said, 11 on 10 is a losing formula. even with the greatest players, a good coach can out scheme with an advantage like that.

i think the main point is that if reed is a liablility in 2 out of the 3 phases of his game, he probably isnt worth what he is expecting.

thats not a blame issue, but a simple one of true market value.

tom brady is not worth being the highest paid qb in the league although most patfans will disagree.

jeff reed is not worth being the 2nd highest paid K in the league, although most steelerfans will disagree.

and im a big jeff reed fan. i like his off the field shenanigans and kookiness, and think hes damn good on place kicks.

Well, as far as the liability thing, how is it that nobody complained about his kickoffs 2 years ago when they had the best coverage units in the league? He wasn't booming them deep or into the end zone with regularity then. It's only last year when the coverage units sucked that Reed starts taking heat for them. That obviously points more to the coverage units - and, by proxy, coaching - shitting the bed more than Reed's kickoffs being the problem.

I do agree though that he's not worth what he's asking for. Janikowski isn't worth what he got - he only got it because he works for Zombie Al. He's not the best kicker in the league, and even if he was, he shouldn't be making $4 million a year. That's ridiculous for a kicker.

Polamalu Princess
06-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I really had a hard toime with Reed and his missed tackles, but for me I think we should find a way to keep him. He is a vital part of the team.

Psycho Ward 86
06-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Epic Fail: When kickers and punters are measured by their ability to tackle.

vasteeler
06-13-2010, 12:44 PM
while i agree that k's or p's shouldn't be expected to make tackles a little effort would have been nice
and there is no way he should make as much money as hes asking for

steelpride12
06-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Epic Fail: When kickers and punters are measured by their ability to tackle.
Agreed. If the returner makes it to the kicker it's not on Reed it's on the coverage unit for not tackling him yet. I see many kickers in the NFL miss tackles, but it seems Reed is the only one who get's picked on for it.

Galax Steeler
06-13-2010, 01:29 PM
while i agree that k's or p's shouldn't be expected to make tackles a little effort would have been nice

Just think if that extra effort pulled a hamstring or something and we lost Reed for the season then what would we do.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-13-2010, 06:47 PM

Its not even so much a hat on a hat, but getting an angle or leverage on the returner so that he is either ushered out to the sideline or turned back into where there is help. Reed was just a pylon on those 2 plays in question and didnt even give his teammates a decent effort to do the minimum of his job.

Reality is, if you accept what he did, then there is no need for him to even put pads on. Just kickoff the football and run to the sidelines to let the other 10 players play football.

Psycho Ward 86
06-13-2010, 06:50 PM

uh what did he ask for

HometownGal
06-13-2010, 07:47 PM
uh what did he ask for

Don't know the exact figure, but rumor has it he wants in the $3.5 - $4 mil per year range. I love me some Skippy but that is a tad high for a PK. I think he's worth $3 mil per year as he is normally is money in the bank on FG's and PAT's, but if he insists on the bigger paycheck, I don't expect the Steelers to sign him, unfortunately.

Thank you Weird Al, you old, yellow-toothed crumudgeon. :upyours:

Nadroj 20
06-13-2010, 08:37 PM

Bingo effort would be nice. Thats my only complaint.

Should he be EXPECTED to make a tackle? No. but he should be expected to try. He is the last line of defense and if it comes down to it ( even though it SHOULDNT) he might have to attempt a tackle.

I understand everyones opinion about he shouldnt be in that postion...but fact is sometimes he is. Why doesnt he just kick the ball and walk off the field if we wasnt expected to MAYBE attempt a tackle?

To me its a part of the overall position.

After all that being said in no way does this influence whether hes worth what he wants or not, this is not what im basing my opinion on, which is hes not worth that much.

Chidi29
06-13-2010, 09:57 PM
While Reed didn't provide good enough effort, he certainly should not be getting all the blame. There were a ton of bigger issues than a poor effort by our kicker. Those ones should be talked about the most and I'll do so.

The number one goal of coverage guys are to stay in their lanes. Don't get knocked down, don't stray, keep your lane position and you'll be golden much of the time.

I broke down a couple of the big returns over the course of the year and most of it came from guys getting knocked out of their lanes, creating wide open holes for the return man.

Bernard Scott's

Let's take a look back at the Bernard Scott kickoff return for a touchdown. While every person is guilty and could have done something better, I think there are three guys that can be blamed for causing it all. And not one of them is named Jeff Reed. They are Stefan Logan, Keyaron Fox, and Patrick Bailey.

You have Fox, Bailey, and Frazier coming down. In a perfect world, they come straight down and don't stray from their lanes. Don't allow a cutback lane, force Scott to slow down. Frazier does that just fine (For anyone who says he pverpursued, I'd have to disagree. He was just getting to his lane.) Ike and I think Burnett are your two outside contain guys. Logan and Kennan Lewis are our "pinch" guys; guys that'll get to Scott first and try to squeeze him.

Bailey gets hit and knocked down by a Bengals player, taking him out of the play. This is VERY key. Right off the bat, you've create a potential lane. This is the second time that there's been a KR for a touchdown where Bailey has fallen down. It happened on the Cribbs return as well. We need to get him off of kick coverage. Keep him on punts, he's great, but no kickoffs. See what else works, replace him with Timmons or Harrison.

Moving onto Stefan Logan. Again, being that he's one of the pinch guys, in my opinion, he starts off the play by doing nothing wrong. His intention is to come down and try to get to Scott first. But he ends up getting walled off to the inside by Quan Cosby, the Bengals' rookie punt returner. Logan can't do anything, heck, his smartest play might have been falling down and trying to get a block in the back. Again, you've lost one of you lane guys and now your pinch guy, also from that left side, is taken out of the play. You'll see it as clear as day; as soon as Logan is sealed off, Scott stops and starts to cut back.

Onto Fox. Not much to say, he is just unable to shed the block of one of the Bengals players. Gotta be able to do that, especially for a guy as strong as he is.

What we created is a recipe for disaster. You have Scott cutting back and then cuts upfield, past Fox and probably where Bailey would be at. Again, Frazier can't be blamed here. He takes his lane and assumes that Bailey, to his left, wil be able to take his. That is Bailey's responsibilty. If Frazier moves down to the left, now he's getting out of his lane. Two wrongs don't make a right. I highly doubt he even ever saw Bailey fall. He's got to keep his head on a swivel and focus on what Scott is doing. Frazier tries to go for Scott once he cuts upfield, but he has to try and swerve Cosby blocking Logan and ends up getting hit by a Bengals player coming down. Gay gets caught up in a mess upfield whiel Mundy and Arnold Harrison are blocked well. Ends up being a footrace and Scott wins.

Jamaal Charles

The first thing I noticed was how much of a low liner it was from Reed. I'd imagine that he's been asked and has been trying to get it deeper, and it did land to about to the five, but it gave our return guys no time to get down there.

- Fox gets pushed and appears to be taken out of his lane (Little hard for me to tell, never got the camera angle I was looking for). You can't be pushed around like that, it'll kill you. And Bailey ends up running into Mark Bradley and falling down as Bailey starts to move upfield in pursuit of Charles. Right off the back, those two guys are gone.

- Stefan Logan has to try to get away from the linebacker, but I really can't blame him. The LB came on him at the last second, there was nothing Logan could do. Logan didn't get engulfed and had a shot to tackle Charles around the 30, but at the last second, Charles cut to his left and Logan couldn't do anything.

- To me, Ike had a poor tackle attempt. I know he has to watch how aggressive he is because he's the contain guy, but he was in prime position to tackle Charles, seemed hesistant to do so, and by the time he did, it was too late. Charles sped past.

- Andre Frazier couldn't shed his block at all. Similar to what happened to Fox last week.

- Gay, Mundy, and Reed all run to their left as it seems that Charles might try to take off down the left sideline. Really can't blame them for that, they can't let Charles get to the corner. Frazier gets a hand on him and seems to slow Charles down enough that he realizes he has the backside wide open, cuts back, and takes off.

- I know Logan had to run down and back and that he's had to face two speedy retrurn men the past two weeks, but this is the second time he hasn't been able to chase down either Scott or Charles despite being in the picture.