PDA

View Full Version : Ben, Ben, Ben.....why? Drinking at 1AM last night?

Wheelz
02-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Sources inside the bar tell us Big Ben arrived with two massive teammates -- and bought several rounds of drinks for himself AND the entire bar.

*sigh*

It does say he tipped 25%, so I guess that's better than in the past.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/03/ben-roethlisberger-drinking-boozing-super-bowl-piano-bar-texas-fort-worth-video-footage-green-bay-packers/

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
at least it wasn't a strip club, he wasn't 'taped off' and did buy everyone in the bar a drink...and he sang Piano man...sounds like he was just out having some clean fun.

although I would have preferred he not had Rum in his Diet Coke...but the game is 3 days away...if he's doing this Saturday night...or Sunday morning...then I'll have a big problem.

Dino 6 Rings
oh, and I would guess, that in this day an age, he knew darn well it would get out that he was "out on the town" and he wasn't trying to "hide it"

zulater
People inside the bar tell us Ben was "nice, fun and took care of everyone."

In the clip, Ben can be seen singing along to the Billy Joel classic "Piano Man" while his teammates joined in on the fun.

Jeezus, I guess it's illegal to go to a piano bar now?

Unless he violated team curfew, or drove intoxicated, it's a non issue. Or it should be.

vtw8lftr
02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
He's still a human being with free will... not a big deal... he went out, drank a few drinks, sang karaoke, treated everyone well, and left... when he found out the bar didn't have a bathroom... BADDA-BING!

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2011, 11:19 AM
People inside the bar tell us Ben was "nice, fun and took care of everyone."

In the clip, Ben can be seen singing along to the Billy Joel classic "Piano Man" while his teammates joined in on the fun.

Jeezus, I guess it's illegal to go to a piano bar now?

Unless he violated team curfew, or drove intoxicated, it's a non issue. Or it should be.

in fact, I would almost argue it was "staged" almost like a PR thing. go out, sing songs, laugh a lot, be "mr nice guy" buy everyone a drink...what a "great guy" he's turned into.

funny though how not a single story of Packers is out there.

tube517
02-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Did he say "All my bitches drink my shots?"

Uh, this was a PIANO bar not an all girl college bar. He was singing Billy Joel songs (ohhhhhh.....scary)

Whoop de freakin doo..... (fan 76 where's the cat picture?)

25% tip? What a cheapskate......

:chuckle:

tube517
02-03-2011, 11:21 AM
He's still a human being with free will... not a big deal... he went out, drank a few drinks, sang karaoke, treated everyone well, and left... when he found out the bar didn't have a bathroom. BADDA-BING!

Did Willie Colon block out the VIP section??? :chuckle:

BPS3akaWirels3
02-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Nothing here to see people.. Move along

Devilsdancefloor
02-03-2011, 11:23 AM
yeah i think it would be a problem if it was Saturday night, but the story says it is from tuesday night. Beisde who cares they where having a good time and apparently didnt break any rules or curfew and no one got arrested. Keep it classy TMZ

tube517
02-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Ann Killion will write an editorial on why Ben should've tipped more than 25% because he's essentially paying indentured servant wages.

Bluecoat96
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Here you go, tube517.

http://www.allaboutbipolar.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/sky-is-falling.jpg

steelpride12
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Good old nosy TMZ putting words in people's mouths and curving the story sideways. Whenever it becomes illegal for a man 21 and older in the US to drink, have a good time and sing in a bar please inform me.

Wheelz
02-03-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm with you here, folks. I just hate to see any ammunition given to the ignorant people out there (read: Seahawks fans who torment me at every opportunity). That said, I don't like him out at 1 in the morning drinking alcohol. That's simply not smart, given his position. How do you think the Rooneys feel about it?

*sigh*

zulater
02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm with you here, folks. I just hate to see any ammunition given to the ignorant people out there (read: Seahawks fans who torment me at every opportunity). That said, I don't like him out at 1 in the morning drinking alcohol. That's simply not smart, given his position. How do you think the Rooneys feel about it?

*sigh*

1 a.m isn't that late when you consider that Ben's body is probably stil operating on eastern time. :chuckle:

Burghman
02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Must be a slow sports news day.

43Hitman
02-03-2011, 11:44 AM
If this is from Tuesday night, then there is nothing to see here.

Michael
02-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Relax; because Ben is entitled to do the same. Everything I see about Ben Rothlishberger indicates that he is Real and Genuine and most of all has conviction about who he is TODAY. He is not acting like a phony. Another point I think Ben is an extremely confident and courageous Man as well as such when he is playing QB for our Steelers. This young man does not rattle and for this we should be grateful that he leads our team with his courage and conviction. He went out and enjoyed the evening and conducted himself with a good spirit. This is great. Would you rather he sit in his room pacing the floor and working up an anxiety disorder? I now wonder what the hell Neil O'Donnel did days leading up to the Super Bowl? Let the Packers stay in their rooms and watch the walls close in on them.

venom
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Non story

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Both Ben and Tomlin were asked about this today on NFL Network...

Tomlin "they are grown men, not doing anything different than they do every week"

Ben "Its superstition that I take the o-line out for dinner every tuesday...afterwards we wanted to hear some live music and went to a piano bar"

Non-Story. If anything, its the Steelers being themselves.

7SteelGal43
02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
If if was tuesday nite, you're right, non issue. He'd just finished media day, it's Super Bowl week, go out, have a few kicks, then get down to business on Wednesday, which he (and the rest of the Steelers) seemed to be doin. !! GOOD FOR BEN !!

tube517
02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
He hung out with Larry Brown and the Cowboys secondary coach.

Relax; because Ben is entitled to do the same. Everything I see about Ben Rothlishberger indicates that he is Real and Genuine and most of all has conviction about who he is TODAY. He is not acting like a phony. Another point I think Ben is an extremely confident and courageous Man as well as such when he is playing QB for our Steelers. This young man does not rattle and for this we should be grateful that he leads our team with his courage and conviction. He went out and enjoyed the evening and conducted himself with a good spirit. This is great. Would you rather he sit in his room pacing the floor and working up an anxiety disorder? I now wonder what the hell Neil O'Donnel did days leading up to the Super Bowl? Let the Packers stay in their rooms and watch the walls close in on them.

Michael
02-03-2011, 12:54 PM

Makes sense to me. Good answer!!!

Devilsdancefloor
02-03-2011, 12:54 PM

http://i55.tinypic.com/sziotf.gif

7SteelGal43
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM

:thumbsup: EXCELLENT

siss
02-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Ben is a big boy and as long as he behaves I hope he had fun.

smokin3000gt
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
What the hell do people expect? The dude has a right to live. I don't get some people who think he should be locked down in a cell with no communication to the outside world as long as he is on the roster. :doh:

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh Noes!!! Ben was out having a good time with a couple of his teammates (note - they aren't being chastized) to relieve some of the stress he surely must be feeling with the big game only a few short days away. So freakin' what???? God - this is beyond the point of ridiculous now.

Do these twizzlesnouts honestly believe the Packers are being good little boys this week and staying holed up in their hotel?? :doh:

fansince'76
02-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Let the Packers stay in their rooms and watch the walls close in on them.

http://application.denofgeek.com/images/m/atmos/Apocalypse_Now.jpg

Every time I looked around the walls moved in a little tighter....

Iron Steeler
02-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Ben!!! Your are not aloud to go out and have fun!! Especially Dueling PIANOS!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! THIS IS THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL THING YOU HAVE DONE .

I say we trade him away what do you think guys!!!
:sarcasm:

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Wonder if the media vampires followed him into the men's room and watched him take a piss to make sure he wasn't dragging another groupie into the bathroom kicking and screaming? :coffee:

Just George
02-03-2011, 02:02 PM
you know I gotta disagree that this is a "non story" given the events of the last 11 months, the suspension etc. When Ben chooses to go out (which he has the right to do) people will talk about it. I get that Steelers fans are going to get frustrated, but this is part of the terrritory that will come with Ben for awhile.

I think Ben doesn't care and I also beleive that it is part of him taking control over "his" life. He is going to live his life, show people who he is and aslo show them that while he is human he still can make good decisions. A night out with his boys in a piano bar singin Karoke is very vanilla, but it will still generate headlines, you all need to get a bit of a thick skin about this cuz it wont stop here. So Kudos to Ben and you all keep sending him the love and ignore the haters.

tube517
02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Eh....cut him. He shouldn't be singing Billy Joel songs anyway.

Ben!!! Your are not aloud to go out and have fun!! Especially Dueling PIANOS!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! THIS IS THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL THING YOU HAVE DONE .

I say we trade him away what do you think guys!!!
:sarcasm:

oneforthetoe
02-03-2011, 02:08 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/02/03/super-bowl-prediction/index.html?eref=sihp

2. I think I have absolutely no problem with Ben Roethlisberger singing and drinking at a piano bar until 1 in the morning on Tuesday in Fort Worth, as TMZ has reported. Why? Roethlisberger is at the Super Bowl with some of his best friends. The players have a night off. Football players with a night off in a new city are going to go out. And if you think Roethlisberger would be so stupid to do something drunk and disorderly with his recent past, you're crazy. The man is allowed to have a few drinks with his friends and to enjoy his time at the Super Bowl. Period.

Even Goodell's best bud Peter King has no problem with this.

Just George
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/02/03/super-bowl-prediction/index.html?eref=sihp

Even Goodell's best bud Peter King has no problem with this.

see I think this becoming a news story will actually benefit Ben in the long run.

Iron Steeler
02-03-2011, 02:19 PM

Hahaha... Were only singing pre 1980s billy joel....(Step Brothers)

NJarhead
02-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Zippidy Doo, Dah. He treated some linemen to dinner, drinks and music in a piano bar. He was out for a whopping 2:15 minutes?

More reinforcement of my hatred for the media.

oneforthetoe
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM

I have mad respect for him singing Billy Joel.

The man is an icon. I'm am not sure the exact number but he is in the top five of all times for selling albums in the U.S. And more impressively, he wrote all those songs himself. On top of all that is the time he spent ... um well climbing Mount Brinkley (Hey he ain't very tall - but reaches for the stars).

Would have been a riot if he would have sang "Innocent Man."

On the other hand, thank god he didn't sing, "She['s] Got A Way" or "Stop In Nevada."

fansince'76
02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
A night out with his boys in a piano bar singin Karoke is very vanilla, but it will still generate headlines, you all need to get a bit of a thick skin about this cuz it wont stop here.

Yes, unfortunately. And it extends beyond Ben - some Dallas fishwrap had Hines Ward at a titty bar almost as soon as he got off the plane. Doesn't really bother me - only 3 more days until game time. The media made it crystal clear as soon as the conference championship games were over who the "good guys" and "bad guys" were coming into this game as far as they were concerned. It is what it is.

tube517
02-03-2011, 02:30 PM
:rofl2: Step Brothers rules!

Hahaha... Were only singing pre 1980s billy joel....(Step Brothers)

Just George
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Yes, unfortunately. And it extends beyond Ben - some Dallas fishwrap had Hines Ward at a titty bar almost as soon as he got off the plane. Doesn't really bother me - only 3 more days until game time. The media made it crystal clear as soon as the conference championship games were over who the "good guys" and "bad guys" were coming into this game as far as they were concerned. It is what it is.

there you go and then your team will answer the critics. I can honestly say I SO WANT YOU ALL TO WIN... here's hoping for lucky number 7

tube517
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I wasn't knocking Mr. Brinkl...er Mr. Joel. Ben shouldn't be singing Billy because he obviously doesn't have the vocal skills to do so.

The man is an icon. I'm am not sure the exact number but he is in the top five of all times for selling albums in the U.S. And more impressively, he wrote all those songs himself. On top of all that is the time he spent ... um well climbing Mount Brinkley (Hey he ain't very tall - but reaches for the stars).

On the other hand, thank god he didn't sing, "She's Got A Way" or "Stop In Nevada."

fansince'76
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM

On the other hand, thank god he didn't sing, "She's Got A Way" or "Stop In Nevada."

Glad he didn't sing Captain Jack, otherwise we'd be hearing about Ben's "drug problem."

oneforthetoe
02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I wasn't knocking Mr. Brinkl...er Mr. Joel. Ben shouldn't be singing Billy because he obviously doesn't have the vocal skills to do so.

So were just saying, " Ben don't quit your day, or sometimes late afternoon Sunday, and occasionally Sunday or Monday Nights job.":thumbsup:

steelerdude15
02-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Of course TMZ would report something like this. Who cares, let the man do what he wants.

Butch
02-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Paul Hornig out drinking late into the night on the night before the superbowl??? I think it worked out pretty good for him. Just sayin'

fansince'76
02-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Paul Hornig out drinking late into the night on the night before the superbowl??? I think it worked out pretty good for him. Just sayin'

Not to mention Max McGee having a career game in SB I after boozing it up all night before the game.

Butch
02-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Not to mention Max McGee having a career game in SB I after boozing it up all night before the game.

Oops I stand corrected it was Max wasn't it. Thanks for the helping hand.

NJarhead
02-03-2011, 03:12 PM
This is nothing compared to the stories leading up to the SB between the Giants and the Bills. Both teams were out partying and I believe Lawrence Taylor and his gang played some pretty good practical jokes on the Bills (including sending prosititutes to Bruce Smith's room).

7SteelGal43
02-03-2011, 03:27 PM

On the other hand, thank god he didn't sing, "She['s] Got A Way" or "Stop In Nevada."

"She's a rocket on the Fourth of July"

I once went to a piano bar and sat there for hours requesting Billy Joel. Didn't get arrested or rape anyone so, again, why is this an issue ?

NJarhead
02-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Hey, hey, hey! I grew up with Billy Joel. There is nothing wrong with Billy Joel or his music. lol

tube517
02-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Exactly! :thumbsup:

So were just saying, " Ben don't quit your day, or sometimes late afternoon Sunday, and occasionally Sunday or Monday Nights job.":thumbsup:

tube517
02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/6464-Ben-Ben-Ben.....why-Drinking-at-1AM-last-night?p=137005&viewfull=1#post137005

Hey, hey, hey! I grew up with Billy Joel. There is nothing wrong with Billy Joel or his music. lol

GodfatherofSoul
02-03-2011, 03:57 PM
*sigh*

It does say he tipped 25%, so I guess that's better than in the past.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/03/ben-roethlisberger-drinking-boozing-super-bowl-piano-bar-texas-fort-worth-video-footage-green-bay-packers/

Because everyone knows bars are for blog posters and not professional athletes...

GodfatherofSoul
02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
This is nothing compared to the stories leading up to the SB between the Giants and the Bills. Both teams were out partying and I believe Lawrence Taylor and his gang played some pretty good practical jokes on the Bills (including sending prosititutes to Bruce Smith's room).

Thank you! I'd heard that story, but never which player he sent them to. Supposedly, the hookers were ordered to keep him up all night long before the game.

SMR
02-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Nothing here to see people.. Move along

Right on, bro.

86WARD
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Wow...he went out to eat and drink? UNTIL 1:15 in the morning? Disgusting...:rolleyes:

Craic
02-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Let's here Ben's response (well, read it):

UPDATE: This morning, Ben told reporters about his big night out ... saying, "It was a superstition and tradition on Tuesday night. I take the linemen out to dinner. We went out for barbecue and then we wanted to hear some live music. We just had an enjoyable night."That's it, time to write him off as faking the last 10 months.

idiots.

Of course- I have to question Ben's judgment taking them to a PIANO bar-where the linemen get to inflict serious pain on anyone and everyone with their rendition of Piano-man. But that is more for the local cops charging them with noise-pollution! :wink02:

Craic
02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
1 a.m isn't that late when you consider that Ben's body is probably stil operating on eastern time. :chuckle:

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

Merchant
02-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Can't believe there was actually a story written about this. Let the guy breathe.

Craic
02-03-2011, 08:18 PM
My guess is,

he went here (http://www.penguinpianobar.com/)

I guess TMZ wants us to believe that in Texas, all the hot young college girls go to Piano bars like this.

Actually, the place sounds kinda fun, my wife would get a kick out of it, though I would probably hate it.

JayC
02-03-2011, 08:21 PM
no big deal, as long as he wasn't found in the ladies room

Stlrs4Life
02-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Like said, huge non issue.