PDA

View Full Version : SUPER RECIPES

PalmerSteel
02-03-2011, 05:52 AM
i know their is a thread for whats on the menu. how about a thread on some great recipes! i am in the mix of colt,bear, and packer fans here in northern indiana so i would like to make something with a steelers mix for people here at work and also something to take to a super bowl party sunday. i can cook but i am not creative. i know there has to be some good recipes out there.

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't have any "Super Bowl" recipes per se as I usually stay right here in the comfort of my house for the big game. Though I was thinking of just ordering a small pizza, I may make Ham BBQ using (of course!) Isaly's chipped ham and putting it on warmed onion rolls. I also may make some Ranch Potato salad with bacon. YUM! :hungry:

Anyone have some really good Super Bowl recipes to share?

NOTE: Normally, this would be moved to the Recipes forum, but it IS Super Bowl week and our Steelers are in it! :tt02: So - I'm going to leave it right here. :drink:

Texasteel
02-03-2011, 09:24 AM
One of my favorites and so easy you can't call it cooking.

Cut a brick of Velveeta Cheese in 1" squares and put them in a crock pot.

After the cheese is melted add one pound of browned HOT sausage, and a can of Ro Tel tomato's.

Add milk till it is the consistency you want.

That's the TV version

I like to add a small can of sliced black olives, and about 5 to 10 dashes of tobacco.
Saute a chopped green pepper and half a chopped onion, and let simmer on low.
Don't fix this to far in advance or it can develop a skin on top. ( This will not hurt it if it does.)
Serve with crackers, chips or cut floor tortillas into squares.

I may make this tonight.

Texasteel
02-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Chicken Taco Casserole

4 cooked breast cut into bite sized pieces. ( Could pick up a rotisserie chicken and shred it, but make sure you get all the bones.)
one can of cream of chicken soup
one can of cream of mushroom soup
one small can of green chilies
one med. chopped onion.
one pound of grated cheddar cheese
two tbsp of butter
1 cup of chicken broth
1 package of flower tortillas cut into bite sized pieces.

In a large skillet saute the onion in butter, and the green chilies and stir in both cans of soup and the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and fold in the tortillas and half the cheese.
Put into a casserole dish and cover with the rest of the cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Make sure the mixture is bubbling.
Serve with tortilla chips.

A favorite at my SB parties.

Pristas
02-03-2011, 09:54 AM
i know their is a thread for whats on the menu. how about a thread on some great recipes! i am in the mix of colt,bear, and packer fans here in northern indiana so i would like to make something with a steelers mix for people here at work and also something to take to a super bowl party sunday. i can cook but i am not creative. i know there has to be some good recipes out there.

I have one for ya.

Go to the grocery store and purchase like 5-6 boxes of pierogies, Mrs. T's of course. 7 if you're feeling lucky. Pack about two boxes at a time into a large skillet, with vegetable oil. fry those babies to a golden Browns. Now don't bungle this part, get a bottle of Texas Pete's Hot Wing Sauce. Not Hot Sauce, but Hot Wing Sauce. It already has all of the buttery goodness mixed in. Dump your pierogies into a bowl of your choosing, as long as it's super. Pour the Hot Sauce on, and sprinkle with black pepper. Mix, mix, mix. Don't forget le Bleau cheese dressing to dip them in. Some ranch may be preferred for the ladies. If you don't want all your pierogies to be hot wing style, just add some garlic salt and parsley to the last minute of frying.

You're friends will be Raven how good they are. Oi and Double Oi!

PalmerSteel
02-03-2011, 10:20 AM
holy crap these sound good. time for an early lunch!

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I have one for ya.

Go to the grocery store and purchase like 5-6 boxes of pierogies, Mrs. T's of course. 7 if you're feeling lucky. Pack about two boxes at a time into a large skillet, with vegetable oil. fry those babies to a golden Browns. Now don't bungle this part, get a bottle of Texas Pete's Hot Wing Sauce. Not Hot Sauce, but Hot Wing Sauce. It already has all of the buttery goodness mixed in. Dump your pierogies into a bowl of your choosing, as long as it's super. Pour the Hot Sauce on, and sprinkle with black pepper. Mix, mix, mix. Don't forget le Bleau cheese dressing to dip them in. Some ranch may be preferred for the ladies. If you don't want all your pierogies to be hot wing style, just add some garlic salt and parsley to the last minute of frying.

You're friends will be Raven how good they are. Oi and Double Oi!

Those sound really good! :hungry: Hmmmmm - gives me an idea for Game Day. I may make a trip tomorrow to Pierogies Plus in the Rocks who make the absolute BEST pierogies in the universe! Their potato/cheese pierogie is outstanding but nothing beats their meat pierogies! :rockon: They also have delectable halushki and stuffed cabbages!

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Here is my recipe for party meatballs. I make 'em when I'm having a lingerie or candle party - LOL! ;) Very simple to make and they have a little "oomph" to 'em! You can serve them as appetizers or make a meatball "sammich" out of them.

1 pound extra lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 small onion diced
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot) or you can substitute 2 tablespoons of A-1 sauce or Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the beef into a mixing bowl, and season with sea salt, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano, red pepper flakes, hot pepper sauce, or A-1 or Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix until evenly blended, then form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs, and place onto a baking sheet.

Bake until no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.

tube517
02-03-2011, 04:25 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs888.ash1/179610_1785065702041_1101452590_32058810_3556554_n .jpg

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I was going through my recipes a little while ago and came across this delicious Pepperoni Dip that I usually make for the 4th of July or other holidays, but it would be perfect for a Super Bowl Party. It is easy to make and absolutely delicious! Buon Appetito!

Pepperoni Pizza Dip

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup shredded pepperoni
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red pepper OR sun dried tomatoes

Beat cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper. Mix in other ingredients. Spread into 10" pie plate. Spread on pizza sauce. Spread Mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Can be used with crackers or breadsticks!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I did a Pittsburgh style Black and Blue steak 2 years ago for the SB. Kind of goes like this from memory.

Make a marinade from
-1/2 can of Guinness or other Stoudt
-4-6 cloves crushed garlic
-tsp of fresh ground pepper
-.5 tsp of kosher salt
- around 8-10 oz of Heinz tomato juice
- a couple tablespoons of Heinz 57 BBQ sauce (or other sauce)
-2 tbsp of olive oil

Marinade the steaks in there for at least 6 hours. Then cook them in a searing cast iron pan to sear the outside and keep it rare on the inside. If you want you can cook them thru a bit more.

That came from some old throwback that the steel workers used to cook steak on cooling pieces of steel. I like the Heinz products and Guinness in there to honor the Irish heritage of the Rooneys an the affiliation with Heinz.

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 06:42 PM
I did a Pittsburgh style Black and Blue steak 2 years ago for the SB. Kind of goes like this from memory.

Make a marinade from
-1/2 can of Guinness or other Stoudt
-4-6 cloves crushed garlic
-tsp of fresh ground pepper
-.5 tsp of kosher salt
- around 8-10 oz of Heinz tomato juice
- a couple tablespoons of Heinz 57 BBQ sauce (or other sauce)
-2 tbsp of olive oil

Marinade the steaks in there for at least 6 hours. Then cook them in a searing cast iron pan to sear the outside and keep it rare on the inside. If you want you can cook them thru a bit more.

That came from some old throwback that the steel workers used to cook steak on cooling pieces of steel. I like the Heinz products and Guinness in there to honor the Irish heritage of the Rooneys an the affiliation with Heinz.

Gosh Gonz - that sounds awesome!!! :applaudit: :hungry:

Texasteel
02-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Yep Gonzo, that is one I will definitely be trying out. Thanks, and have a safe trip tomorrow.

salamander
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
I don't have any "Super Bowl" recipes per se as I usually stay right here in the comfort of my house for the big game. Though I was thinking of just ordering a small pizza, I may make Ham BBQ using (of course!) Isaly's chipped ham and putting it on warmed onion rolls. I also may make some Ranch Potato salad with bacon. YUM! :hungry:

Anyone have some really good Super Bowl recipes to share?

NOTE: Normally, this would be moved to the Recipes forum, but it IS Super Bowl week and our Steelers are in it! :tt02: So - I'm going to leave it right here. :drink:

I'll be there Sunday morning :heh:

Galax Steeler
02-04-2011, 03:30 AM
One of my favorites and so easy you can't call it cooking.

Cut a brick of Velveeta Cheese in 1" squares and put them in a crock pot.

After the cheese is melted add one pound of browned HOT sausage, and a can of Ro Tel tomato's.

Add milk till it is the consistency you want.

That's the TV version

I like to add a small can of sliced black olives, and about 5 to 10 dashes of tobacco.
Saute a chopped green pepper and half a chopped onion, and let simmer on low.
Don't fix this to far in advance or it can develop a skin on top. ( This will not hurt it if it does.)
Serve with crackers, chips or cut floor tortillas into squares.

I may make this tonight.

I will have to try this one.