PDA

View Full Version : Big-play Packers to test Steelers' secondary

stillers4me
02-03-2011, 05:43 AM
The Green Bay Packers have watched tape of Super Bowl XLIII.

And it will surprise no one, at least not the Steelers, if they employ the same strategy that the Arizona Cardinals did two years ago while nearly pulling an upset in Tampa.
The Packers figure to spread out the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV and let quarterback Aaron Rodgers and his talented receiving corps work on the NFL's top defense.

The outcome could come down to how well the defense that has prevented big passing plays stops an offense that has made a living off them. "If they play to their strengths," strong safety Troy Polamalu said, "they will do that."..................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_721112.html

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 06:21 AM
The Steelers did not sack Brady and rarely put pressure on him.

Bingo and that is one of the biggests reasons we lost to the Cheats*. I don't see Lebeau and the D making that same mistake with Rodgers. Pressure him early, often and throughout the ENTIRE game.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2011, 08:27 AM
anyone else tired of the "Packers Big Play" crap!

Regular Season, Pass plays over 20 yards
Steelers = 62
Packers = 57

Regular Season, Pass Plays over 40 yards
Steelers = 11
Packers = 11

Yeah...keep forgetting about our offense. I'm starting to get really fcking pissssed at the complete lack of any True Analysis being done about this game.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Rushing

Rushes over 20 yards
Steelers = 16
Packers = 3

but we should all worry about their offense huh?

tube517
02-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Packers lost 6 times this year. They are not invincible.

Steelers in all of their SB's (except for IX) always execute big plays. Splash plays, if you will. :wink02:
Yet the fake pundits always think they are "just a running team" and Ben is a "game manager". :jerkit:

Wheelz
02-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Bingo and that is one of the biggests reasons we lost to the Cheats*. I don't see Lebeau and the D making that same mistake with Rodgers. Pressure him early, often and throughout the ENTIRE game.

It can't be that simple. I've often wondered wtf LeBeau was thinking in games against those types of quarterbacks when we get no pressure at all, thus my frequent comments here and elsewhere lamenting the fact that we have Harrison and Woodley back in pass coverage so much.

In the past against great passing qbs, LeBeau has had success doing just that--- namely giving qbs no targets, eventually allowing the 3 who rush access to them for minimal gains. That just doesn't work against the great ones like Brady, and while I'm not ready to cede that description to Rodgers, he certainly seems well on his way to being that type of player.

I'm with you; I want Woodley & Harrison bringing the heat early & often, with an added occasional dose of Timmons up the middle. :)

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Also...we keep hearing about the "Cardinals" offense in XLIII...excuse me folks but that was effing Kurt Warner...so what you say?

Kurt Warner has the top THREE Super Bowl games statistically in history. He went 1-2. Throwing for 414 against the Titans, 365 against the Patriots and 377 against the Steelers. Its not as if Kurt Warner was a freaking Slouch.

vtw8lftr
02-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Also...we keep hearing about the "Cardinals" offense in XLIII...excuse me folks but that was effing Kurt Warner...so what you say?

Kurt Warner has the top THREE Super Bowl games statistically in history. He went 1-2. Throwing for 414 against the Titans, 365 against the Patriots and 377 against the Steelers. Its not as if Kurt Warner was a freaking Slouch.

...plus fitzgerald and boldin... I know the Packers receivers are good but none of them are on the same level as these 2... in my opinion.

Dino 6 Rings
02-03-2011, 10:41 AM
...plus fitzgerald and boldin... I know the Packers receivers are good but none of them are on the same level as these 2... in my opinion.

Right, that offense, the 2008 Cardinals was the #2 Passing offense in the league, 2nd to the Saints. They averaged 292.1 yards per game passing. They were the #4 Offense over all.

The Packers are the #5 Passing offense this year, they average 257.8 yards per game passing. They are the #9 Offense this season over all.

The Duke
02-03-2011, 11:03 AM
anyone else tired of the "Packers Big Play" crap!

Regular Season, Pass plays over 20 yards
Steelers = 62
Packers = 57

Regular Season, Pass Plays over 40 yards
Steelers = 11
Packers = 11

Yeah...keep forgetting about our offense. I'm starting to get really fcking pissssed at the complete lack of any True Analysis being done about this game.

Unbelievable! I'm watching NFL network for the first time today during the playoffs, and seriously the disrespect is getting outrageous!

This team will come out firing and pissed on sunday

The packers are just not ready for a backyard fight

Iron Steeler
02-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Everyday I keep praying that our secondary plays lights out on sunday,...

Troy is due for a big play in the Superbowl