PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu showing off playful side

stillers4me
02-03-2011, 05:41 AM
You think you have seen it all and then Troy Polamalu, who is more polite than an altar boy, refuses to answer a question.

OK, so pleaded is more like it after the freshly minted NFL Defensive Player of the Year was asked Wednesday what makes him such a good player.

“Next question,” Polamalu said.

Then he answered the question as only he can.

“I’ve truly been part of a great system here,” Polamalu said with the humility that is typical but also genuine. “I think a lot of safeties would dream about the system that we have here. I’ve watched a lot of safeties and I’ve learned a lot from them. I’m willing to bet that you could put any of those safeties here and they could be just as successful or more successful than I’ve ever been.”

Uh, yeah.

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/02/02/polamalu-showing-off-playful-side/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Humble as always. :thumbsup:

Polamalu said, “I’ve got some things I can fall back on. I’m looking forward to pursuing my surfing career here this offseason.”

As for how that endeavor is going, Polamalu said, “Not good right now. The Monongahela (River) hasn’t got any swells.”

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol:

Texasteel
02-03-2011, 07:25 AM
I look back on his first year and think of all the times I heard the word bust attached to his name, unbelievable. The kid is truly a God send to us, and to tell you the truth, the ultimate Steeler. Troy on any other team is just unthinkable.

Devilsdancefloor
02-03-2011, 07:39 AM
when the Monongahela starts getting swells to surf i think i am going to expect troy out there on his board :) great answers from troy on media day!

SMR
02-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Perhaps I should practice and look forward to surfin' the waves with the Flyin' Hawaiian! So long as his hair doesn't tangle up my board.