PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Rattling Packers' Rodgers key

stillers4me
02-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Ryan Clark cut to the chase. You want to slow down the Green Bay Packers' offense?

"The thing is, we have to get to Aaron Rodgers and cut the head off," Clark said at another Super Bowl media scrum Wednesday on the floor of the TCU basketball court.
Before the NFL thought-police try to write up Clark for his violent plan, the Steelers' free safety did not mean that literally. At least, those who heard him said they did not think he meant it literally.

But they must get to the Green Bay quarterback, rough him up, rattle him Sunday night the way they did the Baltimore Ravens' Joe Flacco in the second half and the New York Jets' Mark Sanchez in the first if they are to make their third sweep of postseason play in six years. They must get him on the ground, even if his head remains in place while doing so.................

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11034/1122666-66.stm

HometownGal
02-03-2011, 06:49 AM
I think we all know that the key to beating the Pack is to get to Rodgers early, often and keep up that pressure for the entire 60 minutes whether we have a small lead, a huge lead or are behind. We have the aggressiveness and speed with our LB's and the Pack will never know when Troy is just going to show up in Rodgers' face. No doubt in my mind that Papa Lebeau is working OT in his laboratory conjuring up a ton of new schemes and coverages.

PRESSURE, PRESSURE, PRESSURE!!!

Kaeg
02-03-2011, 07:01 AM
I was wondering if we're going to hear Troy's name much this game. I'm thinking maybe he'll be in coverage a lot. Kind of like with the Cards in our last SB. He may not have been in position to get many sacks that game, but I think he helped a lot in the secondary. It seemed to work pretty well then, so I wonder if there will be a similar plan this time. At the same time, I agree that pressure on Rodgers is absolutely critical. I'm very glad that DC is not my job.
:hail:

tube517
02-03-2011, 08:54 AM
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Aaron is the greatest QB ever! He is unstoppable according to BSPN....:sarcasm: