PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Roethlisberger dodges sacks from media

Galax Steeler
02-02-2011, 04:15 AM
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Less than a minute after Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sat down in front of dozens of microphones, lights, lenses and reporters, he grinned when he heard the soft voice of a child.

He looked down at Brayden Madden, 11, a student reporter from a nearby grade school.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11033/1122284-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1CnMckQr9

HometownGal
02-02-2011, 06:24 AM
It sure sounds like Ben held his own. :thumbsup: We'll see in the coming day or two whether these reporters are going to do what they normally do - twist what is said to suit their own purposes.

BnG_Hevn
02-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I watched it live and Ben was in a good spirited mood the whole time, joking about taking an hour's worth of questions from this kid, or I assume it was this kid but I couldn't see him on camera.

Someone had asked Ben for the autograph though b/c he responded with "sure". But afterwards, someone had made a comment of the kid being in trouble and Ben said "no he isn't, I offered".

I think he handled the media pretty good.

GBMelBlount
02-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Seeing what Ben has had to endure has actually converted me into a much stronger fan and believer in him.

Another positive I hope comes out of this is that the team rallies behind Ben and that the unity shows on the field Sunday...

Devilsdancefloor
02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
I watched it live and Ben was in a good spirited mood the whole time, joking about taking an hour's worth of questions from this kid, or I assume it was this kid but I couldn't see him on camera.

Someone had asked Ben for the autograph though b/c he responded with "sure". But afterwards, someone had made a comment of the kid being in trouble and Ben said "no he isn't, I offered".

I think he handled the media pretty good.

One of the whinny ass reports said it isnt time for autographs or something to that nature. It was the little kid that ask him the first question. i think he did well, but he really didnt wanna talk about certain things and it seemed like a couple reports just want to ask those questions. He did a great job i thought!

fansince'76
02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
But "Saint Ben" hates kids! (Unless they have boobs)

:toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
But "Saint Ben" hates kids! (Unless they have boobs)

:toofunny:

quit it Jeremy!

Edman
02-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I wonder if the kid asked Ben how people think he's a big doo-doo head?