PDA

View Full Version : Michael Strahan: Pressure is on Steelers, not Packers

polamalubeast
02-01-2011, 08:21 PM
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Four days before his team stunned the previously-unbeaten New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, former New York Giants defensive leader Michael Strahan thought the pressure was on the Patriots to complete their perfect season with a Lombardi Trophy.

Those Giants played fast, physical and loose, knowing they had nothing to lose.

Asked Tuesday in his role as a Fox analyst who faced more pressure in Super Bowl XLV, the Pittsburgh Steelers chasing a seventh Lombardi Trophy or the sixth-seeded Green Bay Packers, Strahan didn't hesitate.

"I'll pick Pittsburgh,'' Strahan said. "Because they're going for No. 7 as far as rings. I think Ben Roethlisberger with everything that happened in the offseason with him, this is like a vindication of it, that whole comeback incentive from a very unique situation.''

read more

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/michael-strahan-pressure-is-on-steelers-not-packers/1

steelpride12
02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I love it, I feel from the media and the news reports the Packers are the favorites coming into this one, I hear all the talk that Rogers and their WR's will scorch our sub par secondary and all I have to say it good, put us down and forget about the Steelers, but I promise I can name who will come out on top.

salamander
02-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Rodgers is the new Brady and the Packers are the new Patriots this week.

Chidi29
02-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Pittsburgh has gotten plenty of love. They really always have.

We can't play the "no respect" card forever.

Heck, Strahan is saying there is more pressure on us because we're expected to win.

X-Terminator
02-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Pittsburgh has gotten plenty of love. They really always have.

We can't play the "no respect" card forever.

Heck, Strahan is saying there is more pressure on us because we're expected to win.

Which proves that Strahan must be as dense as a brick, because the last time I checked, the Packers are the favorites going into the game. So why, exactly, would the pressure be on the Steelers when according to the oddsmakers, they aren't expected to win?

Lack of respect? You bet.

XxKnightxX
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Which proves that Strahan must be as dense as a brick, because the last time I checked, the Packers are the favorites going into the game. So why, exactly, would the pressure be on the Steelers when according to the oddsmakers, they aren't expected to win?

Maybe because Strahan isnt fooled by the media hooplah and he knows about us and he knows how we play. I dont doubt Strahans opinion at all. Hes just stating that he isnt following the Hype and that the pressure is on us, and it might be. Regardless, were not the Patriots*.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I think he is right. The whole notion that this is the experienced team, that has been here before, but has the banged up O line and the secondary which isnt deep enough to match up with the Packers. The Steeler experience and mystique dictates they should know how to win, yet the oddsmakers think the Packers are better.

I'm hoping Pouncey has a Lee Flowers miracle recovery and Ben plays like Phil Simms in the Super Bowl ....something like 28-30 with 3TD's and 330 yards-MVP performance.

NCSteeler
02-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Side note on that article, Strahan basically makes the case the Giants only went on their run because they nearly beat a NE team trying to win. Wonder the turn out had NE benched the stars in the final game, not worried about being perfect. Anyhow, I think there is pressure on us, internally these guys expect to go there and win, but at the same time this team is battle tested hardened. They win the close ones, GB loses those games more times then not. So if it's a dog fight I expect the Steelers to win.

Galax Steeler
02-02-2011, 03:34 AM
I don't see no pressure on us we know what to expect going into Sundays matchup with the Packers.

GoSlash27
02-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Isn't there anybody in the media who predicts performances based on the schemes & stats instead of personalities and generalizations?
It's always such trivial nonsense like "Aaron Rodgers should have a big day because it's finally his turn to shine" or "watch out for Troy Polamalu because he has beautiful hair":blah:

ALLD
02-02-2011, 08:21 AM
All day the nfl network has been broadcasting each an.gle on how the Packers can beat the Steelers. No respect for the Steelers whatsoever. If we beat them up physically we will win the game.

Dino 6 Rings
02-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Isn't there anybody in the media who predicts performances based on the schemes & stats instead of personalities and generalizations?
It's always such trivial nonsense like "Aaron Rodgers should have a big day because it's finally his turn to shine" or "watch out for Troy Polamalu because he has beautiful hair":blah:

mike and mike just had Suh (spelling, beast from Nebraska playing for the Lions) on their show. He pointed out how the 3-4 defense the Steelers run could give the Packers serious problems.

tube517
02-02-2011, 09:26 AM
I wonder how much pressure has been on Strahan to get rid of that gap between his teeth.

SMR
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Maybe because Strahan isnt fooled by the media hooplah and he knows about us and he knows how we play. I dont doubt Strahans opinion at all. Hes just stating that he isnt following the Hype and that the pressure is on us, and it might be. Regardless, were not the Patriots*.

I'm with you on that. Strahan ain't no dummy.

Burghfan58
02-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Madden 11 predicts Steelers. Enough evidence for me.

SMR
02-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Madden 11 predicts Steelers. Enough evidence for me.

Even though I do NOT go by Vegas numbers or Madden game predictions, would you or someone else kindly please tell me what the prediction specifically was (pointwise)?

Just curious, is all.

Thanks!

salamander
02-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Even though I do NOT go by Vegas numbers or Madden game predictions, would you or someone else kindly please tell me what the prediction specifically was (pointwise)?

Just curious, is all.

Thanks!

It has us winning 24-20 with Ben throwing the game-winning TD to Mike Wallace.

SMR
02-02-2011, 07:25 PM
It has us winning 24-20 with Ben throwing the game-winning TD to Mike Wallace.

Thank you for that. Much appreciated. Was just curious.

Chidi29
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM

Who cares what the line says? That's just Vegas. When did we start taking Vegas seriously? That's the place where you get married and divorced in the same night. Not the one where you pull motivation from.

Strahan thinks we will win. That we're the better team (at least, that's how it came off as to me). That we're "supposed" to win from the whole vindication/destiny point. That's all that matters when he's speaking from his point of view. He doesn't have to look through Vegas' scope.