PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' bunch formation complicates matters for Packers

Psycho Ward 86
02-01-2011, 08:19 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers have taken the "bunch" set to new levels, and it explains why their run game was so effective against the New York Jets in the AFC Championship Game.

Before breaking down what the Packers are up against when they face the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV on Sunday, let's look at a few concepts that will help in following along.

Read More: http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d81e0caae/article/steelers-bunch-formation-complicates-matters-for-packers?module=HP_spotlight

MUST read. Great video, analysis, and chalk diagrams in the link provided!

86WARD
02-01-2011, 08:36 PM
The bunch formation will definitely gove the Packers some headaches especially when they bunch to the right and run to the left with Heath and Kemo leading. Sick...

Miller could have a lot of success Sunday...

Galax Steeler
02-02-2011, 04:47 AM
We have not seen alot of the bunch formation lately. Hopefully they will get this a going so Ben can get the ball out of his hands quick.

Craic
02-02-2011, 05:31 AM
The only thing I don't like about it... is that often times, they telecast the run by bringing Hines in. I do hope, that they create some play-action off the stacked set with Hines in tight off the tight end.

BnG_Hevn
02-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Being the last game of the season, there's no reason for them not to throw the kitchen sink into the mix. No reason to hide *anything* in your arsenal, except until maybe the second half.

ALLD
02-02-2011, 03:22 PM
The NFL Network has already analyzed the game a hundred different ways on how the Packers are going to beat the Steelers. From our poor OL, to mediocre DBs and other various injuries to exploit. Not once did I hear how the Steelers could win other than they have a good chance to pull it out. According to anaylsts, the Packers WRs, DBs, and QB have almost guaranteed them a victoy.