PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw to Roethlisberger: 'I got your back'

polamalubeast
02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
FORT WORTH, Texas — Peace has apparently been made between Terry Bradshaw and Ben Roethlisberger.

The quarterbacks that have combined to win all six of the Steelers’ Super Bowls yet have had a chilly relationship talked privately today at Super Bowl Media Day and hugged afterward.

“We both came to a conclusion that we’re Steelers and we’re part of that family and I encouraged him and yesterday is yesterday and I got his back and I support him 100 percent,” said Bradshaw, an NFL analyst for FOX.

Read more: Bradshaw to Roethlisberger: 'I got your back' - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720834.html#ixzz1CkR1pQyv

Count Steeler
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Interesting concept, draw conclusions after you have heard all the facts. Glad to see your back on board Terry. Now prepare to present the MVP to Ben on Sunday.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Good, so Terry will be interviewing Ben for the Fox Network program this Sunday...so now we will see our Hall of Fame QB with 4 Rings, interviewing our 2 time, going for 3rd Current Franchise QB on national television.

for all the haters. Suck on that BITTCHES!

Fan Of STEEL
02-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Terry should have had his back from the start. I always loved Terry as a player but lately he got pretty damn annoying. Personally I think it's because he knows that Ben is going to break all of his records.

polamalubeast
02-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Bradshaw Sorry For Comments About Steelers' Roethlisberger

DALLAS -- Former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw is apologizing for the way he treated current QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Last year, prior to the season, Roethisberger was accused of sexually assaulting an 18-year-old college student in Milliedgeville, Ga. No charges were ever brought against the quarterback, but Bradshaw said at the time, “He doesn’t like me. And I’m learning not to like him.”

The feud was well-publicized, but on Tuesday, Bradshaw told Channel 11 News he apologized to Big Ben during an interview and is ready to put the incident behind them.

"I don't want people saying I'm jealous of him because he's breaking my records, because that's just not true," Bradshaw said. "I told him, 'I want you to break every record I have and win more Super Bowls than anybody, because we're Steelers and we're part of that family.'"

Bradshaw also had high praise for Roethlisberger’s talent, and he said from here on in, he has Ben's back and he won't pass judgment again without knowing all the facts.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/26698616/detail.html

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 05:01 PM
and the Circle will be Complete...

yes...the plan is working

tube517
02-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I always thought it was a tough love criticism from Terry to Ben. I think Terry meant it in a fatherly way and as a former Steeler, he's looking out in the best interest of the Steeler family. Good to see them reconcile. Now, time for Terry to polish up the trophy for Ben to hoist up

7SteelGal43
02-01-2011, 05:17 PM
This brings a tear to my eye. GO TERRY ! GO BEN !

And to Marshall Faulk, just shut up please !

7SteelGal43
02-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I always thought it was a tough love criticism from Terry to Ben. I think Terry meant it in a fatherly way and as a former Steeler, he's looking out in the best interest of the Steeler family. Good to see them reconcile. Now, time for Terry to polish up the trophy for Ben to hoist up

^ this

Fan Of STEEL
02-01-2011, 05:22 PM
"I don't want people saying I'm jealous of him because he's breaking my records, because that's just not true,"

I do not believe that for a minute. Bradshaw has always had some problems with ego and he showed it by making a judgement before he had the facts. Good for him for trying to make it better but the damage was done. Perhaps he should be thanked for helping to light a fire under Bens Ass. A pissed off Ben is a good thing right now.

fansince'76
02-01-2011, 05:30 PM
He could've used your support 6 months ago as opposed to the piling on you did, Terry.

Which begs the question, do you think Bradshaw would have his back if he wasn't playing this Sunday? I have my doubts.

steelpride12
02-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Well Terry should of never stabbed Ben in that back earlier in the season, but anytime is better than never I guess. Good to see him give Ben the support and confidence he needs.

fansince'76
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Well Terry should of never stabbed Ben in that back earlier in the season, but anytime is better than never I guess. Good to see him give Ben the support and confidence he needs.

Ben did deserve it, but IMO, Bradshaw went out of his way to harp on and belabor the issue. That was wrong.

steelpride12
02-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Ben did deserve it, but IMO, Bradshaw went out of his way to harp on and belabor the issue. That was wrong.
Agreed, All Ben truly needed was motivation and proof that someone had his back and Bradshaw did the complete opposite! Very wrong.

BigNastyDefense
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I am glad the reconciled because I was torn due to the rift between them.

I love Terry Bradshaw. One of only two quarterbacks to win four Super Bowls and was one of the most clutch players to ever step onto a football field.

However, Ben Roethlisberger is my favorite Steeler on the offensive side of the ball. I don't think he's guilty in the McNulty case. I never thought he was guilty of anything but bad judgment in the Georgia incident.

So the fact that Bradshaw piled on Ben, bothered me. I understand that Bradshaw is a part of the media, but I thought he was a bigger person than that, especially since he isn't exactly perfect himself.

But now they've put their differences behind them, and we won't have to worry about Bradshaw bashing Ben like that again, unless Ben truly does deserve it.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Agreed, All Ben truly needed was motivation and proof that someone had his back and Bradshaw did the complete opposite! Very wrong.

and I think having people not coddle him and "have his back" after the 2nd time he got in some "questionable" trouble, made Ben realize that it was time to grow up. Sometimes, a Boy needs torn down to become a Man.

but we'll just have to disagree on Terry's comments vs Ben's responsibility to the city.

Merchant
02-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Hug it out kids. Hug it out.

86WARD
02-01-2011, 07:20 PM
God I hope he gets to present the trophy to Roethlisberger as MVP...that would be awesome...

Psycho Ward 86
02-01-2011, 07:57 PM
LOL

GBMelBlount
02-01-2011, 08:15 PM
and I think having people not coddle him and "have his back" after the 2nd time he got in some "questionable" trouble, made Ben realize that it was time to grow up. Sometimes, a Boy needs torn down to become a Man.

but we'll just have to disagree on Terry's comments vs Ben's responsibility to the city.

BIN-GO.

Angina
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Agreed, although it probably would have been better for the team, the city, and the fans if Bradshaw had delivered that critique privately. Ben's hard work on his character issues, and Bradshaw's recognition of that have allowed them both to move on.

Now...time for another sweet Lombardi moment for our Steelers!!!

HometownGal
02-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Way to man up Brad. :applaudit: It takes a big person to swallow their pride and admit they were hasty in passing judgment without knowing all the facts.