PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey sounds VERY confident!

GodfatherofSoul
02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
He just talked to Chris Berman and sounds like there's a good shot he'll play!

Borski
02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I know! I really hope he plays I want to wear my new Pouncey Jersey my Girlfriend got me for my birthday!

Count Steeler
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Hmmm. Keep the Packers (and us) guessing. Would love to see him play. Hope he is healthy enough.

Doc
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I'd be shocked. And happy.

Merchant
02-01-2011, 06:14 PM
It caught me completely off-guard when he said he has a 75% chance of playing. Not that I wouldn't be extremely happy to see him play, I think emotions are clouding his judgement and he's being a little too optimistic. I'm no professional athlete but I've had a high ankle sprain before and it's no joke.. took me a good month and a half to recover, and I probably wasn't 100% till 3 months down the road.

steelpride12
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I just don't understand this one bit. Maybe trying to trick that Packers or something, but it went from him being ruled out completely to now him announcing being 75% sure he will be playing. Oh well if he is healthy and ready he will be a face Ill be glad to see.

43Hitman
02-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I just don't understand this one bit. Maybe trying to trick that Packers or something, but it went from him being ruled out completely to now him announcing being 75% sure he will be playing. Oh well if he is healthy and ready he will be a face Ill be glad to see.
Tomlin has never said he was out. Not once. So until Coach says he's out, I expect Pouncey to do everything in his power to get on the field.

Borski
02-01-2011, 06:52 PM

That was ESPN with "Insider info" Nothing Offical from Tomlin, Pouncey, or the Steelers ever said he was out.

He won't be 100% but if he can get to the point where he can play effectively that let him play.

Merchant
02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
That was ESPN with "Insider info" Nothing Offical from Tomlin, Pouncey, or the Steelers ever said he was out.

He won't be 100% but if he can get to the point where he can play effectively that let him play.

You mean like ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Clay Matthews won DPOY :wink02:

86WARD
02-01-2011, 07:13 PM
No player is 100% at this point in the season, but if they can't guarantee he'll play a full game, I'd rather they not waste the roster spot on him...

steelpride12
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I believe Pouncey will do whatever it takes to play on Sunday, A rookie getting a chance to play and possibly win the biggest game of the year is one outstanding feat and surely he would not wanna miss such an enormous opportunity. He has done the right thing, kept his mouth shut and let the media twist and turn his chances.

SteelerFanInStl
02-01-2011, 08:15 PM
We were also told earlier that he had a broken bone but he said that he didn't. Just a high ankle sprain.

Chidi29
02-01-2011, 08:21 PM
We were also told earlier that he had a broken bone but he said that he didn't. Just a high ankle sprain.

And those comments reportedly came from Pouncey. Not the team.

The team has given no wrong information. He's been listed as questionable for the past couple days.

JayC
02-01-2011, 09:47 PM
i will hold out hope until tomlin says he's not playing

XxKnightxX
02-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey guys anyone have a video link to this? Im doing some training for the dept of homeland secuirty and I was stuck up in the Mountains all day. helloooo technology lol.

Iron Steeler
02-01-2011, 09:57 PM
It would be funny to think that maybe Pouncey was ok the whole time and played possum to keep the Packers guessing and give them the mindset that they were gonna dominate the interior line

I still say put in Doug Legersky if Pouncey isnt 100%

steeldawg
02-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I know! I really hope he plays I want to wear my new Pouncey Jersey my Girlfriend got me for my birthday!

I wanna wear the jersey your girlfriend got me for birthday too. :behindsofa:

Borski
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I wanna wear the jersey your girlfriend got me for birthday too. :behindsofa:

:director::censored::mad2::boom::yell:

:rofl2:

memphissteelergirl
02-01-2011, 10:37 PM
It caught me completely off-guard when he said he has a 75% chance of playing. Not that I wouldn't be extremely happy to see him play, I think emotions are clouding his judgement and he's being a little too optimistic. I'm no professional athlete but I've had a high ankle sprain before and it's no joke.. took me a good month and a half to recover, and I probably wasn't 100% till 3 months down the road.

This is what I think also. I would love to see him out there, but not if it's going to cause long term damage to his leg/ankle.

Galax Steeler
02-02-2011, 03:42 AM
I really don't know what to believe at this point but I am hoping he will be able to play come Sunday he is a big part of why we are here.

HometownGal
02-02-2011, 06:28 AM
I'm no professional athlete but I've had a high ankle sprain before and it's no joke.. took me a good month and a half to recover, and I probably wasn't 100% till 3 months down the road.

I had a high ankle sprain in college when I was on the softball team and you're absolutely right - it takes quite a while to recover and totally heal. Though I would love to see Pouncey on that field on Sunday, he could do further damage to the tendons and ligaments around that ankle if he rushes the healing process. Ughhhh - just remembering the pain makes me shudder. :horror:

venom
02-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Its sad that he started every game this year and then miss the Super Bowl . Wish him the best either way .Love to see him on the field though

Steeldude
02-03-2011, 02:25 AM
if he plays, which i doubt, he will be pulled early for legurski.

Borski
02-03-2011, 02:41 AM
if he plays, which i doubt, he will be pulled early for legurski.

So negative. I believe in the kid, he has a ton of heart. I wouldn't be too surprised if he is able to play, and at a good level.

steelreserve
02-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Seriously, if he thinks he's going to play, I believe him. I had roughly the same injury once at his age, and while I probably couldn't have played basketball full-speed within two weeks, it was literally just a few days before I was back to normal otherwise. By the end of two weeks, it was really only the hard side-to-side cuts that were absolutely a no-go, and thankfully, offensive linemen don't really have to do that. They can probably tape him up or fit him with some kind of brace, and I think he'll give it a shot and we won't even notice anything different. Seriously. Listen to what the dude says. He's the one who knows how ready he is.

Galax Steeler
02-03-2011, 03:18 AM
When will they give the final roster for the Super Bowl is it Saturday.

Galax Steeler
02-03-2011, 03:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABiXTrn5o6w