PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison talks fines, safety

polamalubeast
02-01-2011, 02:53 PM
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Pittsburgh Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison used the biggest stage of them all -- media day at the Super Bowl -- to make a statement about NFL's increased amount of fines and issues with player safety.

Harrison on Tuesday made some serious comments and also joked about his situation. Harrison has been the poster child as the league's most heavily fined player for big hits he made during the season.

Among some of the statements, Harrison said his meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was a waste of time and he questioned if the league really cared about protecting its players. Harrison explained that he's had concussions before at the professional level but didn't come out of the game.

read more

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6080422&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

ALLD
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Tom Jackson is full of sheet.

Dino 6 Rings
02-01-2011, 04:28 PM
With Harrison's trademark scowl, it's sometimes hard to tell when he's joking and when he's serious. But some of his statements also were pretty entertaining.

"I just want to tackle them softly on the ground," Harrison joked, prompting laughter from the media. "If you can, can you lay a pillow down where I'm going to tackle them so they don't hit the ground too hard ... Mr. Goodell?"

Rodgers is going to get KNOCKED THE FCK OUT!

T&B fan
02-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Dino 6 Rings I have been look at your sig and IMO you need a * next to the pats 3 .........