PDA

View Full Version : Gorman: Steelers go with 'Flo'

stillers4me
02-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Flozell Adams passed through airport security Monday morning and, to his astonishment, spotted all of the Steelers' offensive linemen wearing his green Michigan State No. 76 throwback jersey.

That they wore them on the plane to Super Bowl XLV in Dallas wasn't just a show of solidarity but a not-so-subtle shot at Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

The Steelers have made Adams a rallying point this postseason, vowing to win a Super Bowl ring for the 13-year veteran offensive tackle who had one career playoff victory in a dozen seasons in Dallas before being released last April.

"Guys just want to win it so bad for him," wide receiver Hines Ward said. "The greatest compliment you can get is our whole offensive line showed their respect for him by wearing his jersey. We've got so many storylines on this team, but that one is special: We want to win the Super Bowl for Flo.".............

............................"The thing that's probably the most impressive about Flozell is that his intentions have been so pure since the day that he joined our football team," Tomlin said. "He's a guy that's made some money in this league, that's garnered some personal accolades in this league, five-time Pro Bowler or what have you -- this guy just wants to win, and he's brought that talent and approach since day one. He's a veteran player who doesn't ask out of anything, who works extremely hard, he has a can-do attitude. All of those things endeared him to his teammates. There's a lot of respect there.

"Those guys felt it necessary to honor him, and I'm glad that they did.".................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720723.html

HometownGal
02-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Great read on Flo. :thumbsup: This guy has been an extremely solid player since coming to the Steelers and is obviously very well respected by the entire team and his coaches. I'd love nothing more than the Steelers winning that 7th Lombardi on Sunday not only for the team, but for The Hotel Flo. :tt02: