PDA

View Full Version : Teammates rebuff Goodell's claims no one defended Ben

stillers4me
02-01-2011, 05:52 AM
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's claim that Ben Roethlisberger's teammates didn't support him following a tumultuous offseason is news to them.

"That's baloney," inside linebacker James Farrior said yesterday after the Steelers arrived in North Texas for Super Bowl XLV. "All of the guys in the locker room love Ben. No matter what people say, how people think we feel about Ben, we love the guy.".............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720750.html

stillers4me
02-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Wide receiver Hines Ward said he didn't recall talking to Goodell about Roethlisberger.

Farrior said when Goodell met with the Steelers during training camp, he pressed the commissioner about Roethlisberger's suspension.
"I really didn't want to talk about anything else but the suspension," said Farrior, whom coach Mike Tomlin recently called the unquestioned leader of the Steelers. "He tried to get off the subject and really didn't give us any answers that we were looking for."

Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel, perhaps Roethlisberger's closest friend on the team, said, "I've always had Ben's back. I think everyone was behind him. Everyone just didn't really know how to respond to all the questions and all the scrutiny."

Sounds like people did come to his defense but Goodell was hell bent on suspending him.

HometownGal
02-01-2011, 06:21 AM
More proof that Goodumbell is a total asshole (and a liar too) and needs to be ousted. :mad2:

stillers4me
02-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Anyone else think that ole Rog is not looking forward to his inevitable private conversation with The Ambassador?

HometownGal
02-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Anyone else think that ole Rog is not looking forward to his inevitable private conversation with The Ambassador?

Personally, I think Mr. Rooney should talk to him with Lambert in the room. :heh:

SMR
02-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Personally, I think Mr. Rooney should talk to him with Lambert in the room. :heh:

lol

Texasteel
02-01-2011, 07:08 AM
You mean GODell is just plain lying to make himself look good and Ben look bad, say it isn't so.

I can not believe that this moron thought he could make up anything he wanted and not get called on it. This is just another sign the GODell sees himself as being untouchable, and the football God of the NFL. The sooner he is out of here the better I will like it.

Make be he called to 2 dozen people cleaning the parking lot and just never made it to the stadium, but it is becoming obvious to me that he didn't speak to Ben's team mates like he claims, and most likely conducted his in depth investigation from his own bathroom.