PDA

View Full Version : Free-agent Steelers mull unsettled future

stillers4me
02-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Cornerback Ike Taylor doesn't like contemplating his uncertain NFL future, but he realizes Super Bowl XLV could be his last game in a Steelers uniform.

"I don't want to leave Pittsburgh. It's been like home to me," said Taylor, a fourth-round draft pick in 2003 who has made 65 consecutive starts and never missed a game due to injury. "But I've definitely got to be smart about my decision, because this is a rare opportunity I have to be in this situation at this time."

While more high-profile free agent cornerbacks such as Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey missed the playoffs and were named to Sunday's Pro Bowl, Taylor is preparing for his third Super Bowl appearance since 2005. Taylor is attempting to join Steelers Hall of Famer Mel Blount and a select group of players to become the only cornerbacks to start and win three Super Bowls. Blount, of course, won four.

Taylor is one of several unrestricted free agents on the Steelers roster, but he's the only starter with the requisite six seasons to take his talents on the open market.............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720733.html

venom
02-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Ike Taylor Super Bowl XLV MVP ? lol

HometownGal
02-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Ike has been an unsung hero of sorts on that D and imho, has done a superb job covering the NFL's top receivers over the years. :applaudit: I am really hoping that they can re-sign Ike in the offseason - I can't imagine our D without him.

The Duke
02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Ike's been a team player like no other

I expect he will get his fair deal. Fair for a 31 year old who's already has a big contract shouldn't be hard to get done

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-01-2011, 11:11 AM
There is a good chance that we won't be able to afford to pay Ike the contract he will demand. That means the Steelers will be selecting a CB with hopefully the #32 pick.

I love Ike, but the Steelers rarely pay a guy his 3rd contract, but you never know.

Devilsdancefloor
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I Like ike i wouldnt be surprised if he took a hometown discount to remain in a steelers uniform.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I'll be surprised if a guy with 2 or 3 Super Bowl rings takes a discount to stay with a team in hopes that he wins another. His agent and colleagues will tell him to "get paid".

Steeldude
02-02-2011, 02:28 AM
I'll be surprised if a guy with 2 or 3 Super Bowl rings takes a discount to stay with a team in hopes that he wins another. His agent and colleagues will tell him to "get paid".

i would be surpised too. i think it's time to let him go elsewhere.