PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on getting to the SB!

GitNoLuv
01-31-2011, 03:11 PM
As a Browns fan, it pains me to see the Steelers in yet another SB. That being said, thank you for putting the Ravens out. While I still remember when there was a healthy rivalry with the Steelers, there has always been a healthy level or respect for the team, it's players and it's organization. There is none of that present (for me) when I consider the Ravens. I hate them with a passion...their gay purple jerseys, a bird that symbolizes death and festering ugliness...as their symbolic rallying cry...it's an absolute atrocity that they are allowed to exist. (Yeah...but I'm not bitter, really. :P)

Then there is the loud mouthed egotistical Jets led by the fat twin brother of our former defensive coordinator. I love a hard hitting style of play...but shut up and play. I love seeing guys have fun on the field...but this whole "disrespect" bs goes to far in that lockerroom. This was a game that I couldn't decide how I wanted it to go. On the one hand...it's the Steelers...on the other...an organization that I just can't stand.

So I was suprisingly ok with the victory. If one of the two teams that I didn't want to see get in had to get in...let it be the (overall) classier organization.

But now it's time for the big game...and it doesn't pain me in the least to see the Green Bay Packers in it. I have enjoyed watching them play dating back to Reggie White's heyday. I loved playing as them in Tecmo Super Bowl (and it's other iterations.) I used to love watching Brett Favre (before he became a me-first waffling whiney baby) throwing touchdown passes...then running down the field to pick the WR up on his shoulders in a firemans carry. Finally...an opponent worthy of the Steelers attention...and one I can root for to knock out the mighty Steelers.

So while I rooted for you once...and didn't root against you a second time...I am rooting against you now. But it's nothing personal...because, at the end of it all, I still respect the team, the coaching staff and the ownership. I just don't have to like you!

So congratulations on getting to the Superbowl...and I hope you don't win another game! :P

Devilsdancefloor
01-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Aww thanks little brownie buddy, but have to break you little heart we are gonna win :) !!! where ya been all year?

Dino 6 Rings
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
As a Browns fan, it pains me to see the Steelers in yet another SB. That being said, thank you for putting the Ravens out. While I still remember when there was a healthy rivalry with the Steelers, there has always been a healthy level or respect for the team, it's players and it's organization. There is none of that present (for me) when I consider the Ravens. I hate them with a passion...their gay purple jerseys, a bird that symbolizes death and festering ugliness...as their symbolic rallying cry...it's an absolute atrocity that they are allowed to exist. (Yeah...but I'm not bitter, really. :P)

Then there is the loud mouthed egotistical Jets led by the fat twin brother of our former defensive coordinator. I love a hard hitting style of play...but shut up and play. I love seeing guys have fun on the field...but this whole "disrespect" bs goes to far in that lockerroom. This was a game that I couldn't decide how I wanted it to go. On the one hand...it's the Steelers...on the other...an organization that I just can't stand.

So I was suprisingly ok with the victory. If one of the two teams that I didn't want to see get in had to get in...let it be the (overall) classier organization.

But now it's time for the big game...and it doesn't pain me in the least to see the Green Bay Packers in it. I have enjoyed watching them play dating back to Reggie White's heyday. I loved playing as them in Tecmo Super Bowl (and it's other iterations.) I used to love watching Brett Favre (before he became a me-first waffling whiney baby) throwing touchdown passes...then running down the field to pick the WR up on his shoulders in a firemans carry. Finally...an opponent worthy of the Steelers attention...and one I can root for to knock out the mighty Steelers.

So while I rooted for you once...and didn't root against you a second time...I am rooting against you now. But it's nothing personal...because, at the end of it all, I still respect the team, the coaching staff and the ownership. I just don't have to like you!

So congratulations on getting to the Superbowl...and I hope you don't win another game! :P

welcome to the Universe

btw...I know deep down you're really rooting for us :)

GitNoLuv
02-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Aww thanks little brownie buddy, but have to break you little heart we are gonna win :) !!! where ya been all year?
I have spent more time away from home than I have at home. Helped a platoon sized element get mobilized to Iraq...helped a squad come back home. I'm now the supply sergeant for 3 units in my facility...and I may have to move 2 of those 3 units to another facility in the next few months. I've managed to watch about a dozen football games this season (college and pro)...maybe a few more and that's about it. I've seen about half a dozen basketball games this season. It's been a rough year.

welcome to the Universe

btw...I know deep down you're really rooting for us :)

Dino 6 Rings...i was a part of the old site...and have been here since day 1. But thanx for the welcome! :P

HometownGal
02-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Hey buddy!!!! So good to see you around again - I've missed ya! :hug:

Thanks for the very nice post but you're going to have an achy breaky heart come late Sunday night. :heh: :tt02:

BPS3akaWirels3
02-01-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm mailing you one of my favorite Terrible Towels... :)