PDA

View Full Version : No ordinary Smith

stillers4me
01-31-2011, 05:12 AM
The most difficult period of Aaron Smith's professional career draws to a close Sunday, and it will likely end with the Steelers defensive end watching the Super Bowl in street clothes.

Smith is a long shot to play against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, despite recovering faster than he anticipated after partially tearing his triceps in late October.
The Steelers listed the 12th-year veteran as questionable for Super Bowl XLV on the injury report released Friday. But Smith hasn't fully practiced since his injury, and time is waning in his bid to complete a comeback like Rod Woodson's in 1995, when the former Steelers great missed virtually the entire regular season after having reconstructive knee surgery only to return in time for Super Bowl XXX.

"I've come to grips with it," Smith said of the possibility he will not play. "I'm holding out hope, but that's a reality I've had to deal with (for) months. I've tried optimism, I've tried pessimism. I've tried being happy. I'm just day to day. If I get an opportunity to (play,) it will be a blessing."................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720560.html

Galax Steeler
01-31-2011, 08:00 AM
I wish there was a way he could make it for the Super Bowl but it isn't looking good.

Devilsdancefloor
01-31-2011, 08:13 AM
I will be really bummed if Gibson turns out to be a starting LBer for SF.

Mtn.Steel
01-31-2011, 10:13 AM
After all the waiting and hoping, I can`t see why they would not dress him and give him one snap. If for no other reason than to reward his hard work and effort to make it back. It would have been much easier for him to take a slow rehab and go on IR.