PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin terrific on his own

stillers4me
01-31-2011, 05:04 AM
First, they said Mike Tomlin got the Steelers coaching job because of the Rooney Rule.
Then, they said Tomlin won Super Bowl XLIII in his second season because he had Bill Cowher's players.

What are they going to say about Tomlin now that he's on the verge of becoming the youngest and fastest coach to win two Super Bowls?
How about the truth?

That Tomlin is a pretty terrific coach.

If the Steelers beat the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV Sunday night at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, Tomlin will become the 13th coach with at least two championships in the Super Bowl era. Remarkably, it will be his second title in his first four seasons. Only Oakland's Tom Flores came close to matching that feat, winning in his second and fifth seasons. But there's so much more to Tomlin's story. He is 38. Miami's Don Shula and the Steelers' Chuck Noll were the youngest coaches to win a second Super Bowl. They were 44.................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11031/1121861-87.stm

HometownGal
01-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Art II says it best:

"He's just a special person," Steelers president Art Rooney II said. "He should be coach of the year, in my opinion."

:applaudit: :applaudit:

Wheelz
01-31-2011, 06:45 AM
Great article!

Bluecoat96
01-31-2011, 08:47 AM
What's sad is I believe I know some people that don't like Tomlin simply because of the color of his skin. They refuse to give him an ounce of credit for all of the success he's had with the Steelers. They don't come out directly and say it, but it's clear that they refuse to except the fact that Tomlin is an outstanding man and an outstanding coach.

GodfatherofSoul
01-31-2011, 09:49 AM
I often listen to Steelers "fans" calling him a terrible coach. You've got to have serious issues to be able to ignore stellar success to make comments like that.

Shawn
01-31-2011, 09:54 AM
You know Tomlin is a good coach when all the Eagles and Giants fans around here praise him.

7SteelGal43
01-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Sometimes, fans make the best prognosticators ...... or not ...

this from June 13, 2010 http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/ladies-gentlemen-your-super-bowl-xlv-champions-1383176/

Pittsburgh is done. Finished.

Tomlin' got blessed with a Bill Cowher SB team and it's slowly crumbling. Your QB is a rapist who can't even focus on football b/c he stays in off the field trouble. You traded your best WR, Hines Ward is at the end of the line. Your O-Line is absolutely terrible.

Tomlin' will be gone after this 6-10 season.

salamander
01-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Sometimes, fans make the best prognosticators ...... or not ...

this from June 13, 2010 http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/ladies-gentlemen-your-super-bowl-xlv-champions-1383176/

And how'd that prediction work out for you, dumbass? Besides, the Rooneys wouldn't fire Tomlin after one losing season.

fansince'76
01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
I often listen to Steelers "fans" calling him a terrible coach. You've got to have serious issues to be able to ignore stellar success to make comments like that.

But he's won w/ "Cowher's Team" (never mind the contributions of Pouncey, Woodley, Timmons, Brown, Sanders, Wallace, Hood and Mendenhall) :rolleyes:

SMR
01-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Tomlin gets his due!

Iron Steeler
01-31-2011, 09:30 PM
If i were Tomlin I would play a clip of the "retarded fumble for td" from the ravens game a few weeks back. Just to remind them this is NOT how we are going to play this sunday. YOU play till the WHISTLE on every play for the FULL duration of the game.

Get em Ready Mike!! :tt03: