PDA

View Full Version : They just might put the terrible in our towel

stillers4me
01-30-2011, 09:39 PM
It's enough to fill you with cheesehead dread.

If the Steelers were playing any other team in Super Bowl XLV a week from today, there would be no cause for concern. Unfortunately, their opponent happens to be the Packers, who hail from Green Bay, which happens to be in Wisconsin.

So, too, is the headquarters of McArthur Towel and Sports. Located in Baraboo, Wisc., the 121-year-old company designs and distributes a host of licensed products for various professional and collegiate sports teams.

Among those products is a certain piece of brightly colored terrycloth that is waved wildly by frenzied supporters of a certain local football franchise that has enjoyed a bit of success over the years.

It's slowly dawning on you, isn't it? You're getting a sick feeling in your stomach as you wait for confirmation of a suspicion whose potential ramifications are causing you to break out into a cold sweat...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720462.html

SMR
01-31-2011, 05:27 PM
The delicious irony.

BigNastyDefense
01-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Didn't the Seahawks and the Cardinals both try to copy the Terrible Towel to no avail?

This company might have just sealed the fate of the Green Bay Packers.

The Terrible Towel is poised to strike!

GoSlash27
01-31-2011, 06:13 PM
What's the worst they could do? All the Stiller fans already have towels.

BigNastyDefense
01-31-2011, 06:32 PM
What's the worst they could do? All the Stiller fans already have towels.

Legally, the can't make any changes to it, they don't own it. The Allegheny Valley School owns the Terrible Towel and therefore have to authorize any change to the Towel.

BPS3akaWirels3
01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
I wonder if I'll be getting my SB 45 TT I just ordered on Saturday??? Will they do one with the score on after the SB if/when we win??

Galax Steeler
02-01-2011, 03:31 AM
I wonder if I'll be getting my SB 45 TT I just ordered on Saturday??? Will they do one with the score on after the SB if/when we win??

That would be sweet if they do that.

Galax Steeler
02-01-2011, 03:34 AM

That would be sweet if they do that.

Craic
02-01-2011, 05:35 AM
Hilarious. Just another ironic link... and a fun read.