PDA

View Full Version : Packers studying how to bring down Steelers’ persistent quarterback

stillers4me
01-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Linebacker Desmond Bishop says the Packers began preparing for Ben Roethlisberger by watching video of how not to bring down the Steelers’ big quarterback.

The lowlight package put together by Green Bay defensive coordinator Dom Capers featured other teams, but it also could have included the Packers as they work toward their matchup with Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl next Sunday.

“I’m sure it could have lasted longer,” Bishop said of the video. “A lot of guys are going for his pump fakes or not wrapping up fully when they have him.

“It’s just a mental or a subliminal note that when you get your opportunity to get him, you got to hit, you got to wrap up and bring all your technique and all your weight with you, because he’s definitely a big guy to bring down.”

That’s just the mental aspect, the Packers also remember the physical toll in last year’s matchup...............

read more @ http://tribune-democrat.com/sports/x1514639576/Packers-studying-how-to-bring-down-Steelers-persistent-quarterback

HometownGal
01-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Let 'em study all they want. Ben is so multi-faceted, strong and SMART. He's going to definitely be a thorn in the Pack's D's side.

Of course, a lot of Ben's success in XLV is going to depend on our OL doing its job and the way this group of "Bad News Bears" has played over the last couple of weeks, I feel they are more than up to the task. :thumbsup:

steelpride12
01-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Ben is the X-Factor to why he is so successful overall and def. in the playoffs. Ben brings so many weapons to the table whether it's breaking out of a wanna be sack, scrambling, or even running the ball. Good luck.

Iron Steeler
01-30-2011, 10:27 AM
I want to see some Vintage Ben... like rookie/ 2 nd year ben, If nothing is open run it. The more scrambling will get Greenbay off there defensive rhythm . Then the dreaded pump fake will come back into play.

I feel like he did some of that in the Jets game. I have faith!

Think about it, its gonna be two weeks for each defense to prepare for the opposing offense.

DICK LEBEAU WITH 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE!!! YIKES!

:tt03:

solardave
01-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Sure they're worried about Ben as much as we should be concerned with Rogers. He like Ben in a few ways,accurate on the run and elusive but a lot easier to tackle when you catch him. The key is to catch him.

Merchant
01-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Easier said than done.