PDA

View Full Version : Cook: A better version of Steelers Roethlisberger

LLT
01-30-2011, 05:29 AM
Cook: A better version of Steelers Roethlisberger
Sunday, January 30, 2011
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

There's not much doubt about how Ben Roethlisberger will perform on Super Bowl Sunday. He almost always is at his best in the big games. He's one of the great clutch players in NFL history, 10-2 as a starting quarterback in the postseason with two championship rings. No one should be surprised if he leads the Steelers past the Green Bay Packers and is the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XLV.

The big question is how Roethlisberger will act after the confetti has stopped falling in Cowboys Stadium and the bright lights have been turned out. Win or lose the game, the Big Ben persona will be back, bigger and stronger than ever. From coast to coast -- OK, from Ambridge to Zelienople, at least -- people will be telling Roethlisberger how terrific he is. That's often been a curse for him, not a blessing. It created an ugly sense of entitlement in him. Actually, by his admission, it created something of a monster

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11030/1121338-66.stm#ixzz1CW7htMiH

HometownGal
01-30-2011, 06:53 AM
I like the changes Ben has made and believe that he is very sincere in wanting to continue to grow as a person. I believe that returning to his faith in God has strongly aided him in not only finding his inner self, but finding peace in his soul. I'm very proud of him. :drink:

Count Steeler
01-30-2011, 06:55 AM
I think he will be crying when he is given the MVP award. Redemption.

BigNastyDefense
01-30-2011, 10:09 AM
I believe that Ben Roethlisberger has gotten back to the person he was off the field when we drafted him. I remember reading about him getting fined his rookie year for writing PFJ - Play for Jesus on his cleats.

Now, it's easy to say and show you've changed when you're put on a tight leash just after the incident and then caught up with football throughout the season. I am still interested to see how he handles himself this offseason. However, I feel confident that we won't have any negative headlines about him after the Super Bowl.

If it's true that he is engaged, that will damn sure help because his fiance won't stand for him going out and partying at all hours of the night.

SMR
01-30-2011, 01:32 PM

I am hoping for that.

siss
01-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Only after Goodell gives him a hug and whispers in his ear that he never wants to see him again in his office ever again.

Iron Steeler
01-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I am hoping for that.

Lets just win...

Iron Steeler
01-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Ben getting MVP would be awesome tho... icing on the cake