PDA

View Full Version : Harrison readies for Super Bowl encore

LLT
01-30-2011, 05:09 AM
Harrison readies for Super Bowl encore
By Ralph N. Paulk, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, January 30, 2011

Last time James Harrison suited up for a Super Bowl, he was seen hurdling Arizona Cardinals players en route to capping the longest play in the game's history.

Next Sunday the Steelers linebacker will match wits with Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers in Super Bowl VLV in Arlington, Texas. While Harrison doesn't believe the odds are in the Steelers' favor to make another such play, Rodgers is sure to present opportunities for the defense.

"There's no telling when you'll get those opportunities," Harrison said. "They throw the ball, and that's what they do the best. The run game is something just at the forefront. They run off Aaron Rodgers.

"They go out there with five wides (receivers). If he makes a decision he doesn't want to make, then we have a chance to make the big play. He's playing good ball, so I don't see him doing that."

Harrison sealed his position in Super Bowl lore with his interception of Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner and his subsequent 100-yard return for a touchdown as time expired in the first half in Super Bowl XLIII.

Read more: Harrison readies for Super Bowl encore - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720480.html#ixzz1CVsjMIV3

Galax Steeler
01-30-2011, 07:00 AM
The odds of another play like that happening again is unreal but I think we can make some plays that can change the game in our favor.

Count Steeler
01-30-2011, 07:08 AM
D will have to shore up it's weakest area this week. Secondary has to play huge and the line has to keep consistent pressure on Rodgers. Don't give him time to think.

HometownGal
01-30-2011, 07:33 AM
You never know what is going to happen in a game this big with all of the pressure these guys are under, so I'm far from ruling out Rodgers making mistakes. Including the regular and post-season thus far, he's thrown 13 picks and also has been sacked 36 times and if the Steelers keep bringing the pressure, the opportunities will be there.