PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Arians, Give him some love

Count Steeler
01-29-2011, 08:26 AM
In the olden days, the Taxman was the most hated guy in town. He was the guy who went from door to door collecting tax money from people who hated to see him coming. It didn't matter that he might have been a really nice guy, or that he might have done his job exceptionally well. All that mattered was that the nature of his job was such that he wasn't going to win any popularity contests. He knew it and his family knew it. His kids were ridiculed in the school yards. His wife had trouble showing her face in the market. That was the job.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/1/25/1955089/the-taxman

I have been hard on Arians in the past, but I've changed. Still hate the Taxman though. :)

HometownGal
01-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Great read, carnoj, and thanks for posting it! :drink:

I've been accused in the past of being a "BA slurper", a "BA apologist" and once was asked if I was related to BA - all because I strongly support the man and overall feel he has done a very good job as our OC. Over the last couple of years, I've heard and read him being blamed for fuck ups by the D and ST's that obviously aren't in his realm of responsibility. I've read ignorance where people have actually wished the man illness and once - even worse (obviously these vile morons have no clue that the man has been and still is battling cancer). I've always been (and will always be) right there to defend him against some of the more clueless bullshit because I believe in the man and what he has accomplished since he was promoted to OC several years ago and my half of a brain cell tells me that with a lot of today's "new age" fans, a scapegoat will be chosen, tarred and feathered - especially in the event of a loss, whether the facts support that choice or not.

I'm behind you all the way BA! :drink:

"People who know football know how good he is," claimed Ben Roethlisberger at a recent press conference. "The people in this building know how good he is."

A-Ben. :applaudit:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-29-2011, 09:04 AM
There is no doubt that the guy is a good coach. You dont stay in the NFL for as long as he has without being a good coach.

I just never liked his style of offense that devalued the ability to run the football. Late in the season, late in games...being able to run the ball closes out teams and games. We saw our share of comebacks against us in the past few seasons and most fans like to hang it all on the defense. A good running game could have closed out those games.

I just hope we can get up on the Packers and then keep Aaron Rodgers and co. off the field with a nice time consuming 8 minute scoring drive to win the Superbowl.

Count Steeler
01-29-2011, 10:06 AM
When Ben wins the MVP after this Super Bowl, let's remember to give some credit to Arians. He has been the fall guy for everything that goes wrong with the offense, despite injuries, dropped passes, and missed blocks. He has his style and it may not fit what some of us would like to see, but 2 Super Bowls in three years is not half bad.

Texasteel
01-29-2011, 11:04 AM
BA has been with this team for 6 years as receiver coach and OC. In that 6 years half of them have ended in a trip to the super Bowl. In those Super Bowls we have 2 wins, so far, and possibly 3. Yet there are some that refuse to give him the smalls amount of credit. Some almost take it personal that he was not fired last year. You can argue with his methods, but no sensible person can argue with the results.

The team losses we have had have been just that. Team Losses. Arin's has made mistakes just like every other coach in the league, even our HOF DC. I am pretty happy with his work. I'm ecstatic with the 3rd trip to the big game.

SMR
01-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Alright....way to go B.A. and keep it up!! Kudos!!!!!!

venom
01-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Hes like an umpire in a baseball game , if you dont notice him , they are doing a great job ----- A+ for Bruce

Delraich
01-29-2011, 06:51 PM
I'll admit that I've never given him any love. With the offensive line<and it's certainly been offensive> I have to admit he's done a pretty good job and this year he has had some really good moments so here goes.Good job Bruce and I am sorry for my past outbursts.