PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Timmons is truly an impact player

stillers4me
01-28-2011, 04:56 AM
Lawrence Timmons seems to have gotten this linebacker business down to a science. His strategy is simple: If you wear the wrong color jersey, he's going to hit you — hard — and have fun doing so.

Timmons has never enjoyed the game as much as he has this season.

"I was having fun before, but I was learning," said Timmons, who will arrive at Super Bowl XLV as the Steelers' leading tackler. "When you're learning, you're not really having fun because you're not really killing it. The game is really easy for me now. The coaches have made it so easy. Before, I was thinking a lot. Now, it's just reacting, and it's just showing on the field so much."

After leading the team in tackles in the regular season, Timmons posted a game-high 10 against the New York Jets in the AFC Championship Game. He was all over the field, dropping back to defend the pass and coming up to stop the run...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720186.html

HometownGal
01-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Timmons has been an absolute BEAST this season and I hope he continues his beasterly ways against Rodgers and the Pack on Super Bowl Sunday! :tt03: I shudder at the thought of being on the receiving end of one of his hits. :horror: :heh: