PDA

View Full Version : tomlin to head Competition Committee?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-28-2011, 12:39 AM
I'd like to see this happen.

Fisher’s firing opens spot on Competition Committee
Posted by Mike Florio on January 27, 2011, 10:58 PM EST
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Here’s another question raised by the abrupt termination of Jeff Fisher’s employment as coach of the Titans.

Who’ll take his place on the Competition Committee?

Fisher serves as a co-chair of the league’s influential rule-making body. The fact that he’s not employed in a high-level capacity with an NFL team will make it very difficult if not impossible for him to retain his high-level spot on the Competition Committee.

Fisher’s firing will spark a skirmish for the vacant seat. Since Fisher’s spot was held by a head coach, we’d appoint Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

In less than four years on the job, Tomlin has become one of the best coaches in the league, and he’ll be coaching an NFL team (quite possibly only the Steelers) for many years to come. The Steelers are football and right now Tomlin is the Steelers. He needs to be on the Competition Committee.

BigNastyDefense
01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
It will never happen. I don't think he would want anything to distract from his job of being the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Not to mention, the refs already "favor" the Steelers, this would just lead to more "favoritism" (if you're a Steelers hater).