PDA

View Full Version : Woodley, Steelers are a perfect fit

stillers4me
01-27-2011, 08:51 PM
LaMarr Woodley considered himself a Cowboys fan until junior high when he started playing fullback and wearing a No. 36 jersey.

“I called myself the Bus,” Woodley said Thursday. “Even since then I’ve been a Steelers fan.”

The significance of that anecdote: it is hard to imagine Woodley and the Steelers ever parting ways though it could happen in the near future.

Woodley, 26, has been wildly productive and to say he has outplayed first contract is an understatement.

Woodley made a base salary of $550,000 in 2010 and joined James Harrison as the only players in team history to record at least 10 sacks in three consecutive seasons.
Woodley loves everything about Pittsburgh -- from the fans here to the fact that it is only about a five-hour drive to his offseason home in Michigan.

The Steelers should love everything about Woodley -- from the fact that he has been at his best during the postseason to the team-first attitude he has shown both on and off the field..............

Read more @ http://burgh.us/1rs

XxKnightxX
01-27-2011, 08:59 PM
This guy aint going anywhere. He could of been a serious douche and held out or tried to jack up his contract , but he put that aside and wanted to play some football. This guy is gonna get rewarded. And if he does leave, we got Worilds lol

Psycho Ward 86
01-27-2011, 10:03 PM
This guy aint going anywhere. He could of been a serious douche and held out or tried to jack up his contract , but he put that aside and wanted to play some football. This guy is gonna get rewarded. And if he does leave, we got Worilds lol

And what about Worilds?

XxKnightxX
01-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Hell be the next one to step in if nothing can be worked out with Woodley, wich I highly doubt since it seems like Woodley has all the intention of staying in Pittsburgh. But worst case IF we cant re-sign Woodley we can apply the Franchise Tag, or we can Put Timmons outside and Foote inside, or Put Worilds or Sylvester into the mix. We didnt draft all those Linebackers for no reason.

steelerdude15
01-27-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't see LaMarr leaving us. I hope not.

Merchant
01-27-2011, 11:12 PM
“If I’m going into this season worried about my contract then I’m not focused on going to the Super Bowl and I’m not focused on this team,” Woodley said. “I’d be selfish just to go out here and think about myself and the contract situation. I’ve got the guys on this team counting on me to go out and play my best. I’m not going to let them down because I’m worried about my contract situation.”

Are you reading this, Revis??

THAT'S how it's supposed to be handled.

Steeldude
01-28-2011, 02:18 AM
IMO, worilds could replace woodley. the steelers LBs are pretty much interchangeable over the years. some of course better than others.

Galax Steeler
01-28-2011, 03:15 AM
I don't think he will go anywhere he should be here for a long time.

HometownGal
01-28-2011, 06:30 AM
I think Wood and the FO will work something out in the offseason. At least I hope so. :pray:

stlrtruck
01-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Well here's how I look at it:

1) If the man wants to be a Steeler, he won't ask them to break the bank
2) If the Steelers want him to be a Steeler, then they'll make it worth his wild to be here

SteelGhost
01-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Well here's how I look at it:

1) If the man wants to be a Steeler, he won't ask them to break the bank
2) If the Steelers want him to be a Steeler, then they'll make it worth his wild to be here

Absolutely. I agree ST.

Shawn
01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Doesn't this all go back to the 30% rule, and that's the major issue?

The way I understand it, the Steelers can do the following:

1. Pay him a maximum of 30% more than his current salary (which is still way too low for a player of his ability) and include a TON of bonuses and guaranteed money to make the number more a appealing (which is opposite of the FO policy).

2. Use the franchise tag on him.

Neither option is really good, and that's why there has been no deal yet. Someone correct me if this has changed.

Randy06
01-28-2011, 10:42 AM
I have faith

Bluecoat96
01-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Doesn't this all go back to the 30% rule, and that's the major issue?

The way I understand it, the Steelers can do the following:

1. Pay him a maximum of 30% more than his current salary (which is still way too low for a player of his ability) and include a TON of bonuses and guaranteed money to make the number more a appealing (which is opposite of the FO policy).

2. Use the franchise tag on him.

Neither option is really good, and that's why there has been no deal yet. Someone correct me if this has changed.

If I'm not mistaken, the 30% rule won't apply to him for this next year because he won't be under a normal contract. If things stay true to form, they should be free to either tag him, or re-do an entirely new contract.

The Duke
01-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Franchise next season and he leaves the next when Worilds is entering his third season

by then we would have two draft classes to find a new backup and replacement for silverback

Count Steeler
01-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I hope Woodley sticks around for the next 2 or 3 Super Bowls. I like continuity and I'd like to see most of these Steelers with 4 or 5 rings. :)