PDA

View Full Version : Hearing from Coach Mike Tomlin

stillers4me
01-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Throughout the 2010 NFL season, Coach Mike Tomlin will provide his insight and observations to Steelers.com on a variety of topics pertaining to the team and the National Football League.

Q. In a situation where a team might choose to assign a cornerback to a specific receiver, is that ever an advantage for the offense?

A. It is, because then you know who the cornerback is not covering. Anytime you can identify matchups, it helps you from a planning standpoint, from a preparation standpoint. If you have a pretty good understanding about who someone is going to cover, then you of course know who they’re not going to cover.

Q. Who has the authority call timeouts during a game?

A. Usually, I call the timeouts. Of course, Ben calls timeouts from time to time because of information that he has that I don’t, such as lack of communication in the huddle, maybe not getting enough time to execute a call that has come in from the sideline a little late. Primarily, it’s me and Ben..............

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Hearing-from-Coach-Mike-Tomlin/f6d511fd-5862-4