PDA

View Full Version : Some respect please.

zulater
01-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Some respect, please

A brouhaha developed in Green Bay this week when several players on injured reserve complained that the Packers were not taking them to the Super Bowl until Thursday and that they would not be included in the official team photo.

The Packers changed their plans. They will wait until their 15 players on injured reserve arrive in Dallas and will snap the photo Friday and include them.

That never has been a problem for the Steelers. Not only have they always included their players on injured reserve in the Super Bowl photo, those players are treated the same as all others. They fly on the team charter, which will leave Monday, and have the same accommodations. That is how it always has been.

"Of course," said offensive tackle Willie Colon, placed on injured reserve after his Achilles was ruptured in June. "That's how I think the other guys [in Green Bay] should be treated and not separated like that. A guy on IR, it's not his doing."

Offensive tackle Max Starks, placed on injured reserve Nov. 10 with a neck injury that required surgery, said what the Packers did "stinks."

"It's in the eyes of the organization. They've been doing this for a long time as well. If that's the way [the Packers] feel, that's the way they feel. I'm glad I'm in this organization and there's that respect.

"In this league every owner is different, and that's what makes some places more special than others, and that's why this is a special place because they include everybody. They realize everybody has put their hand in the pile at some point."Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11027/1120960-66.stm#ixzz1CFlA3H60

I heard them talking about this on the radio yesterday, and apparently in the end the Packers got shamed into doing the right thing. But it's nice to know we have an orginization that does it right the first time without even giving it a second thought. :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2011, 10:37 AM
when you don't get there often, and have a staff that hasn't really been there before...you run into all kinds of "logisitical" problems going to your first Super Bowl.

Devilsdancefloor
01-27-2011, 11:09 AM
i would think dino it would be very easy to "add" 15 more rooms and place on a plane & bus for those on IR :noidea:

cold-hard-steel
01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
What the hell is respect anyway?

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2011, 04:01 PM
i would think dino it would be very easy to "add" 15 more rooms and place on a plane & bus for those on IR :noidea:

Oh I agree, some pencil pusher in the office thought it was "best" that they save a couple bucks by not including the IR Guys, since "they aren't playing anyway" and word got out and some of the dudes on the IR said "WTF!" and some of the guys in the locker room said "WTF Really!" and the Coach said "WTF!" and then the Owner said "Pencil Geek! You better get them some WTF Rooms and fix this!"

zulater
01-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh I agree, some pencil pusher in the office thought it was "best" that they save a couple bucks by not including the IR Guys, since "they aren't playing anyway" and word got out and some of the dudes on the IR said "WTF!" and some of the guys in the locker room said "WTF Really!" and the Coach said "WTF!" and then the Owner said "Pencil Geek! You better get them some WTF Rooms and fix this!"

Actually the coach said today that the players on IR should have kept their mouths shut.

Dino 6 Rings
01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Actually the coach said today that the players on IR should have kept their mouths shut.

did he? very interesting.

zulater
01-27-2011, 05:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6064962

Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy isn't thrilled with the way a couple of his injured players chose to express their disappointment about potentially being left out of the Super Bowl team photo, saying they made a "poor decision" when they complained about it in public.

Kaeg
01-27-2011, 06:43 PM
A little descension in the ranks for our opponents. I like it. Divide and conquer!!!!