PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the Coin Toss

Pristas
01-27-2011, 08:59 AM
I think the Steelers should dress Aaron Smith, and send him and Pouncey (with crutches and cast) out onto the field to take the coin toss. Imagine the surge of adrenaline that would create in the rest of the team.

It gives me chills just thinking about it. Anyone know Ed Bouchette? Send this idea on to him, maybe it gets back to Tomlin or someone on the inside...

SteelerSal
01-27-2011, 09:02 AM
I like the idea..just don't know if I ever saw an inactive player in during the coin toss before.

Randy06
01-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Eh I dont see how it would send a surge on adrenaline, you should already be up for the superbowl, and to me this would be a downer.

Pristas
01-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Eh I dont see how it would send a surge on adrenaline, you should already be up for the superbowl, and to me this would be a downer.

I just think the rest of the team, seeing their comrades walk across the field one last time for the season, would be quite motivating. Heck, they've been saying how much of an inspiration Aaron has been in the locker room, and how half of the guys are playing for him. I just think it would be a great honor.

Randy06
01-27-2011, 09:34 AM
It could be or it could be kind of like damn they cant play. Either way it would just mean more and be appropriate if say they were retiring and if it indeed was their last walk across the field. Either way it wont happen, but i suppose its a thought.

wvsportsman
01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't think it would be a downer for this team, not the way they seem to think. They really are of the one for all and all for one mentality.
I think it also goes along with the respect thing that was discussed in another thread and Smith and Pouncy earned that respect and deserve to
be there for the coin toss if it's something thats possible.

cold-hard-steel
01-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I have one idea,after the coin is tossed,give it to me to celebrate our 7th superbowl victory.I will sell it to htg for some real dough!!!!! lol

venom
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
How about a close relative of Myron Cope ?

steeldevil
01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
They should have Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr out there for the coin toss.

Chidi29
01-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Can't dress Aaron if he can't play. As much as I'd like to, there is a game to be played and we need all hands on deck.