PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Smith likely to miss Super Bowl

fansince'76
01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Another practice, another day of mostly watching practice for Aaron Smith. As the countdown to Super Bowl XLV progresses, it has become evident that the healing process in the defensive end's left arm will not keep pace.

It looks more and more as if Smith will spend Super Bowl Sunday the way he has spent the past dozen games, watching his teammates play football.

"You can't help but get frustrated sometimes," said Smith, the disappointment in his eyes and voice palpable. "Just the fact it takes time; you can't do anything to speed it up."

Read more: On the Steelers: Smith likely to miss Super Bowl (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11027/1120960-66.stm)

SteelerSal
01-27-2011, 09:00 AM
That's a shame..I was hoping he could help out. I guess I could look at it another way that at least he wont be taking reps away from the guys who played and got us here. (just trying to find a brightside)

Randy06
01-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Sad story.

steelpride12
01-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Damn we went from hoping Smith and Pouncey could play and both are looking more and more doubtful!

fansince'76
01-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Wouldn't mind it so much if we hadn't lost a 4th rounder off waivers (Gibson) by refusing to put Smith on IR. That was one gamble that didn't pay off.

SteelerSal
01-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Wouldn't mind it so much if we hadn't lost a 4th rounder off waivers (Gibson) by refusing to put Smith on IR. That was one gamble that didn't pay off.

Forgot about that.

Devilsdancefloor
01-27-2011, 09:14 AM
ugh i really hope he can play, but if not maybe they win one for smith, but again ziggy has been playing well

7willBheaven
01-27-2011, 12:58 PM

Agreed

SteelerFanInStl
01-27-2011, 04:54 PM

Yep. That's the part that still bugs me. I'm just hoping that Gibson doesn't turn out to be a great player.

Merchant
01-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I think I'd be more upset if Ziggy wasn't playing so well.

NCSteeler
01-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Hate to hear this, but father time has a way of making us heal slower as we age. I'm sure a younger Smith would have been back already.

As far as the gamble goes, I hated to lose Gibson at he time and really thought they should have cut a player more likely to clear waivers, but had it worked out and Smith returned and played everyone would be heralding the team as genius. Kinda like a surprise onside kick you didn't recover

Galax Steeler
01-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Well we made it this far without Smith and I think we can win one more with out him.

HometownGal
01-28-2011, 06:29 AM
This is truly a shame, as Smith could hang up his cleats at the end of this season if the Steelers win another ring, but as others have said - Ziggy has been playing very well so I'm comfortable with that.

WIN ONE FOR THE BIG GUY! :tt03: