PDA

View Full Version : Brother can you spare $647,000?

stillers4me
01-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Each year when the Super Bowl rolls around, one of the annual news features to come out of the millions of print inches, television minutes and website clicks on the mother-of-all-sporting events is the article about how stratospheric the ticket prices for said game have risen.

Consider this that article.

Because what you see on the right is the scanned image of an actual ticket to Super Bowl IX, played between the Steelers and Minnesota Vikings -- the birth of the Steeler dynasty -- at Tulane Stadium in crappy weather in New Orleans in 1975...........

read more @ http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/blog-n-gold/24717-brother-can-you-spare-646000

XxKnightxX
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
You sure Jerrah Jones isnt behind that? Looks like one of the salaries he can pay for a 6th round pick. But wow this is getting ridicuolous, my only question is, if theres lets say 100,000 seats, then how is that split in between season ticket holders from the two teams? is it 35k Packers and 35k Steelers, with another 30k for the corporate sponsors? Because honest to go God the way these prices are going up on these tickets then Id rather buy a mansion with 647k dollars. Or just sneak my way into the building. Ill always want to go to a super Bowl, but man this is becoming impossible.