PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and least favorite on air sports personalities.

zulater
06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
You can break it down into as many catregories as you like.

For me, I listen to a lot of ESPN radio as my job requires a lot of road time. So for like I'll go

Mike and Mike. Easy to listen to and informative.

For least liked on a national perspective. Dan Patrick. Guy's so in love with himself it's pathetic. Jim Rome a close second.

For tv.

Love: PTI. Wilbon and Kornheiser got good chemistry

Hate: Rome is Burning. Anything with Jim Rome in it is going to suck.

steelersfanman92
06-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm with you with Mike and Mike they are great to listen to. On the other hand I'm not a fan of Colin Cowherd's radio show his man crush on Tom Brady gets really annoying. On TV I like Around the Horn, Woody Paige is a clown, and Jim Rome is just awful.

venom
06-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I was a big Mike and the Maddog fan until they broke up 2 years ago . On TV, I like the PTI people as well as the ATH people. I dislike Cris Carter and Keith Olbermann ( hate is such a strong word , lol )

NJarhead
06-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I love all the personalities on Sirius NFL network except Adam Schein. 137
And I don't hate him; he just pisses me off at least twice per day.

Mike and Mike in the Morning (ESPN) are probably the best duo IMHO.

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I kind of like John Gruden myself. He's got a great sense of humor, good knowledge and a lot of enthusiasm. Mike and Mike are cool too.

I really dislike Skip Bayless. Condescending, know-it-all, disagreeable ass. Just says dumb shit to get a rise or to be a contrarian. Colin Cowherd is pretty narcissistic and annoying. Close second.

zulater
06-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I kind of like John Gruden myself. He's got a great sense of humor, good knowledge and a lot of enthusiasm. Mike and Mike are cool too.

I really dislike Skip Bayless. Condescending, know-it-all, disagreeable ass. Just says dumb shit to get a rise or to be a contrarian. Colin Cowherd is pretty narcissistic and annoying. Close second.

I'll probably get killed for this, but I really like Chris Collingsworth as a color commentator. He's not afraid to critisize, but he doesn't just say shit just to say it like so many do.

xX-TSK-Xx
06-11-2010, 06:48 PM
I like Mike and Mike also. Grudens good, and I love the PTI guys. Some others I like are Tony Reali, Mike Smith, Hubie Brown, Jeff van Gundy, Charles Barkley/Kenny Smith, Chris Collinsworth and Chris Carter.

Guys I dislike are Skip Bayless (head and shoulders above all others. Picks the unpopular view just to be heard), Mark Schlereth, Jime Rome, Colin Cowheard (has his days) and I really dislike Phil Simms.

zulater
06-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I like Mike and Mike also. Grudens good, and I love the PTI guys. Some others I like are Tony Reali, Mike Smith, Hubie Brown, Jeff van Gundy, Charles Barkley/Kenny Smith, Chris Collinsworth and Chris Carter.

Guys I dislike are Skip Bayless (head and shoulders above all others. Picks the unpopular view just to be heard), Mark Schlereth, Jime Rome, Colin Cowheard (has his days) and I really dislike Phil Simms.

Good post, 'm with you on most every one. Barkley's funny as hell. I can stomach Cowherd, but his opinion of himself is way over the top anymore.

Some more that I like. Trent Dilfer as an information man for the league. Same with John Clayton.

Someone I despise, Steve Young. I don't know how he ever got a helmet on over that fat head of his.

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2010, 11:49 PM
I'll probably get killed for this, but I really like Chris Collingsworth as a color commentator. He's not afraid to critisize, but he doesn't just say shit just to say it like so many do.

*Prepares Cyber Tomatoes* :rofl2:

SCSTILLER
06-16-2010, 06:33 AM
The man that I cannot stand the most is Phil Simms. I would rather mute the TV and have opera on during the game than listen to him try and call a game. I remember one Steelers game, in the same series, he criticized Ben for something, than on the next play praised him for the exact same thing. I know alot of them do that, but he just stomps on my last nerve.

I have to say that I do like Mike and Mike, and the PTI guys are OK sometimes.

tube517
06-19-2010, 02:24 AM
ESPN
Like: Gruden, Hoge, Jaws
Hate: Everyone else (S.Young is a douchebag), Sean Salisbury (Fired by ESPN) - hate hate hate his 3rd string guts, Trent Dilfer and Hasselbeck - 2 bald nobodies - Both suck. Chris Berman and Tom Jackson - old.

NFL Network
Like: Woodson; Faulk and Mariucci are OK; Mayock - draft.
Hate: Deion - shutup already, Irvin- learn to speak English, LaCanfora (wannabe Schefter) and everyone else

CBS
Like: N/A - Worst Network ever for the NFL
Hate with a Passion: Dingeldorf, Randy Cross

NBC
Like: Dan Patrick (Pregame show)
Hate: Can't remember who is on there

FOX
Like: Pregame show Bradshaw/Jimmy/Howie/Strahan and what's his name that hosts.
Hate: Siragusa - waste of space, Joe Buck - ego bigger than his height. Aikman - YAWN.

NBA on TNT
Barkley and K.Smith - Thumbs up

NBA on ABC/ESPN
Like: Anyone except Bill Walton
Hate: Bill Walton

HATE: Jim Gray for any sport he covered. Jack ass.

steel striker
07-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I like the Mike & Mike show on espn and, i do not care for Jim Rome, Mike Florio, Peter King. Most of the NFL countdown guys are know steeler haters as well. Collinsworth is another steel hater as we all know.

silver & black
07-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Mike and Mike... Kornheiser and Wilbon are my favorites. Can't stand Tom Jackson or Mark Shlereth.

NJarhead
07-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Mike and Mike... Kornheiser and Wilbon are my favorites. Can't stand Tom Jackson or Mark Shlereth.

lmao. Gee, I wonder what those two have in common. lol

tony hipchest
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM
terry bradshaw is the greatest sports personality on television of all time. and yes, i even watched his short lived daytime talk show whenever i could.

an argument could be made for daryl waltrip for a close 2nd.

pat kirwan and tim ryan offer the best and most comprehensive 4 hrs/day of football talk you will ever find in any media outlet.

kenny mayne and jim rome are favorites of mine. 'have a take and dont suck'. dibble and patricks espn radio show was great too.

olberman and patrick were the best ever. that duo will never be matched on a sports news show. stuart scott is cooler than the other side of the pillow.

jaws and hoge are not only excellent on the match up show, but anything else they do outside of that. rod woodson and rich eisen are really good on nfl network and mark malone kicked ass on nfl live.

wilbon and kornhiser are damn good, however jon gruden in the MNF booth was a brilliant move. steelers bias aside, madden was good especially with summerall. i miss the mnf trio w/ michaels and gifford.

i really like simms, theismann, cross, young. berman/jackson on primetime will never get old for me. i turn on mike and mike every morning while i get ready for work. i really like peter king, even moreso now that he has branched out to radio.

i love bill walton. anyone who goes into in depth description of their journey while at a dead concert in cairo is alright by me, and i dont even like the greatful dead. the tnt crew with kenny and charles is superb, and reggie and cheryl are damn good too along with mark jackson.

i guess i dont like cowherd, mad dog russo, bayless. aikman kinda pisses me off and is dull. im sure there are a few others i cant stand but i dont pay them enough mind to remember them right now.

Butch
07-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Love the entire cast of Fox and watch them religiously on Sundays they just seem to have great chemistry. Mad props to Hodge and Jaws and I like Dan Patrick as well. Gotta agree with Tony on the Dan Patrick Oberman show they were fun too. As for predictions like to hear what hammerin' Hank has to say.

Really don't care for collinsworthless and how he keeps coming back is beyond me but he's a damn site better than Aikman and Buck...boring, dull and so damn sefl rightous. Peon sanders and irvin hate the Steelers last time we won the Superbowl peon was all broke up about it. Screw him! Schlareth is a complete Tool as well.