PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben Refuses To Back Down

stillers4me
01-26-2011, 08:26 AM
When Ben Roethlisberger dropped to his knees at the conclusion of the AFC Championship game, I teared up a little right along with him. No man should ever have to experience what he’s gone through this season. As Super Bowl XLV approaches, be prepared for every one of his sins, a few of them real, most of them imagined, to be rehashed ad nauseum by the horde of reporters covering the big game. Remember Media Week is more akin to a circus where every garbage picking TMZ reporter or bubble-assed bimbo from TV Azteca is issued a press pass.

Hell, when the NFL offers a goofy blogger like me media credentials, you know anybody can get in.

Remember last week when I told all of you the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl is the NFL’s worst nightmare? As soon as the first pseudo-journalist questions Big Ben about Milledgville, that nightmare will have become reality. Don’t believe me? It’s already started...............

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/01/25/big-ben-refuses-to-back-down/

siss
01-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Except the guy that wrote this was one of the guys calling for Ben's head last spring. For the fan who never backed down, never doubted Ben and never didn't support Ben, this is kinda an insult.

stillers4me
01-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Buuuuut.....at least Ben seems to winning back some of the fans who had knee jerk reactions.

siss
01-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Would he be winning them back if they weren't getting ready to go to Dallas?

stillers4me
01-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I think so. just not as strongly. :lol:

GBMelBlount
01-26-2011, 10:49 AM
In 2010, Ben was unjustly suspended after baseless accusations by a slutty sorority girl. Despite no charges being filed, he was vilified in the media and punished by the league.

When he returned to the field, opposing players suckerpunched and cheapshotted him on a regular basis with absolutely no protection from either the officials or the NFL.

Sums up everything in 3 sentences.

I would only point out that Goodell and NFL are arguably the real attention whoring sleazy sluts in this whole thing.

ALLD
01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
The price of a #7 jersey has gone up like the Dow Jones.

7SteelGal43
01-26-2011, 11:31 AM
I absolutely love this article. Could not have said it better myself ! And if this is the same guy who had been bashin' Ben at first, I don't know, all the better ? YEAH !!

Devilsdancefloor
01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
when you are fed nothing BUT negative BS from the press like we got for weeks it i hard to stand behind someone, but when the facts cam out it was obvious, so siss give the guy a break he changed his mind once the "facts" came out.

Edman
01-26-2011, 02:40 PM
The only thing I definitely put on Ben this past offseason is being dumb. He may have been innocent, but he's still dumb for putting himself in that situation, knowing his prior situation and knowing his stature as a pro athlete.

Everything else? I'm behind him all the way. Ben accepted his punishment and he's making an effort to become a better guy. If someone is willing to cooperate and earn another chance, then why not give him another chance? We all forgave Ray Lewis and Mike Vick, you know, TWO guys who have actually been arrested and tried in court, we can do the same for Ben.

HometownGal
01-26-2011, 03:10 PM
:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

In my life's experiences, I have come to find that those who so blatantly judge others have enormous skeletons in their closets 99.9% of the time. They hide behind the sins of others because they are self-righteous cowards.

A hairy arm-pitted disciple of Oprah is evidently upset by the stories of Ben’s redemption. “How exactly is winning football games making up for mistreating women,” she asks in the same indignant tone she no doubt uses when one of her 37 cats breaks a vase. She then goes on to suggest, “If Roethlisberger were to take his playoff winnings and use it to make the lives of abused women better,” then he would be redeemed.

To this bitch . . . :upyours: :upyours: :upyours: You can kiss my ass - - - and Ben's.

HollywoodSteel
01-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Except the guy that wrote this was one of the guys calling for Ben's head last spring. For the fan who never backed down, never doubted Ben and never didn't support Ben, this is kinda an insult.

In the comment thread he links to a previous post that explains his change of heart about the Ben situation.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2010/10/19/roethlisberger-protesters-display-ignorance-stupidity/