PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Players Embracing Underdog Role

stillers4me
01-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Did the oddsmakers really take a look at the Pittsburgh Steelers’ resume this year and in previous Super Bowls?

It doesn’t appear so because they gave the Green Bay Packers a 2 1/2 point edge in the game. That’s despite the Steelers’ six Super Bowl titles, 14-4 record this season and the No. 2 AFC seed.

Don’t worry if it doesn’t make sense because you are not alone. The players are feeling the same way.

“I kind of don’t understand what everybody sees that we don’t see,” Steelers defensive back Ike Taylor said. “I feel like, deep down, in the back of people’s heads, they really don’t want us to win, people don’t like successful people. Just the tradition we have here, the success we have here, I just feel that a lot of people don’t want us to succeed. They’re getting tired of seeing the same people over and over again. I guess they want to see somebody new.”

“Until that happens, I’m just glad to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.”

The Steelers started their season as underdogs and have embraced it all season..................

read more @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/01/25/steelers-players-embracing-underdog-role/

ALLD
01-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Green Bay is a Cinderella team.

Psycho Ward 86
01-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Omg omg omg, the cinderella story always has to win! Unless it's the steelers of course :rolleyes:

polamalubeast
01-25-2011, 05:47 PM
super bowl XLV:STEELERS VS THE WORLD

Count Steeler
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
I love it. I was hoping we would be the dog. Now our guys will play with an even bigger chip on their shoulder. And when we win, it won't be because we are a superior team, there will be one call that everyone hangs their hat on and claims that the refs wanted us to win. Never mind all the holds on our D line that never get called, never mind the illegal contact on our WRs that never get called, never mind all the hits to Ben's head that never get called, never mind the BS calls on Harrison all year, we pay off the refs and we pay them good.

SteelerFanInStl
01-25-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't know what everyone's seeing in Green Bay either but I like the underdog role.

XxKnightxX
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
the fact that they have an 'elite' QB and the pack is back in the super bowl. Also the fact that after that Atlanta game the oddsmakers think that Aaron Rodgers can torch us like he did the Falcon D. So neutral weather and...... You know what, beats me, ill take the underdog role.

stillers4me
01-25-2011, 10:58 PM
the fact that they have an 'elite' QB and the pack is back in the super bowl. Also the fact that after that Atlanta game the oddsmakers think that Aaron Rodgers can torch us like he did the Falcon D. So neutral weather and...... You know what, beats me, ill take the underdog role.

Elite QB??? why??? This is his first superbowl and Ben's third and Ben is still fighting for elite status. Give me a break.

NCSteeler
01-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Read an article, from boston of course, that basically made the argument that since they went 3-1 without ben, it proves he's not elite. HAHA Same guy discount the Cassel year in NE, because he didn't take them to the playoffs. HAHA Haters F em, I'll take my chances with a Non-elite Qb as long as it's Big Ben.

Galax Steeler
01-26-2011, 03:56 AM
It makes no sense why the no.2 seed is the underdog against a team that almost didn't make the playoffs.

HometownGal
01-26-2011, 07:51 AM
It makes no sense why the no.2 seed is the underdog against a team that almost didn't make the playoffs.

Because Aaron Rodgers is their QB. If they want to hang a game as huge as the Super Bowl on one player, they can have at it. Let 'em all be Doubting Dans - hope they're stocking up on eggs.

KeiselPower99
01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
The Packers are the team that people thought would be there. We are the team that was gonna have a 6-10 season and an offense that missed Santonio Holmes. I dont care what thet media or odds makers say. We will win.