PDA

View Full Version : Kings of the NFL!

stillers4me
01-25-2011, 05:42 AM
The always-popular 5-S (Several Selected Short Steelers Subjects) column:

In recent years, I’ve have taken to calling the Steelers a member of the NFL aristocracy. That’s no longer true. The Steelers are not among the aristocracy (Dukes, Earls, Counts, etc) of the NFL. They're pure royalty.

Since coming of age in 1974 with their first Super Bowl appearance -- a win, of course -- the Steelers will have appeared in eight of the past 37 NFL championship games. That once every four or five years. That’s sick. There are teams that have never played in the game and the Steelers are in it as often as some teams merely make the playoffs.

As for their 15 appearances in the AFC title game, that’s even sicker. Since 1974, that’s an appearance once every two or three years. Imagine that! The Steelers are in the conference title game more often than a lot of teams are in the playoffs.

I have to believe The Chief is smiling down on all of this. He never got it right -- too nice a guy -- but he set the stage for all this with his son and now his grandson. It’s good that Dan is still around to pass along some of his wisdom to Art II, but any worries that the grandson was not a chip off the old block have been destroyed..............

Read more @ http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/27178-kings-of-the-nfl

HometownGal
01-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Other teams and fans may hate us but they simply cannot ignore our high level of success over the past 35+ years. The number of times we've gone to the playoffs, won division and conference crowns and have gone to and won the big game is mind blowing!!! :tt02: :tt03:

memphissteelergirl
01-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Kings of the NFL.....

Bow down

:nw::nw:

tube517
01-25-2011, 09:27 AM
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but the Steelers are a small market team. They have a game "Manager" at QB. THey don't sign high priced free agents. They win because of the refs... They aren't America's team......:sarcasm: