PDA

View Full Version : No respect? Underdog status could benefit Steelers

stillers4me
01-25-2011, 05:25 AM
It remains to be seen whether Vegas oddsmakers did the Steelers a disservice by installing the Green Bay Packers as the favorites in Super Bowl XLV.

They certainly did coach Mike Tomlin a favor by setting the early line at three points.
That will serve as one of many rallying points for the Steelers as they prepare for a Super Bowl that pits two of the NFL's most storied franchises against one another Feb. 6 in Dallas.

"I feel like we're always underdogs, even when they've got us covering the point spread," veteran cornerback Ike Taylor said Monday after team meetings at Steelers headquarters.......................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_719672.html

HometownGal
01-25-2011, 06:12 AM
I love our Steelers being the underdog! :rockon: Our guys will rise to the occasion!

SteelerSal
01-25-2011, 06:17 AM
I love our Steelers being the underdog! :rockon: Our guys will rise to the occasion!

I like it also.....I love when all the media drools over the opposing team and all the talking heads on tv pick against us.

Question, anyone know if we are wearing our home or away jerseys? Also, I was curious if teams were able to choose their throwbacks to wear during the Superbowl.

X-Terminator
01-25-2011, 06:44 AM
I like it also.....I love when all the media drools over the opposing team and all the talking heads on tv pick against us.

Question, anyone know if we are wearing our home or away jerseys? Also, I was curious if teams were able to choose their throwbacks to wear during the Superbowl.

NFC gets to pick whether or not they will wear their home or away jerseys. So expect to see the Steelers in white again.

polamalubeast
01-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Super bowl XLV:Steelers vs the world!!!

tube517
01-25-2011, 09:23 AM
NFC gets to pick whether or not they will wear their home or away jerseys. So expect to see the Steelers in white again.

Even better. Underdogs in white jerseys. :tt02:

salamander
01-25-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm not gonna lie, I'd like to see us play in the Super Bowl in our black jerseys. But then again, we've been doing pretty good in our whites, so why not stick with what's been working?

CPanther95
01-25-2011, 09:39 AM
I miss the black also, but last time we wore black in the SB, we lost.

Plus, we've been good in white this year. (although at least 1 away game - TB - we wore black)

salamander
01-25-2011, 10:11 AM
I miss the black also, but last time we wore black in the SB, we lost.

Plus, we've been good in white this year. (although at least 1 away game - TB - we wore black)

We wore black when we played in Tennessee as well.

steeldevil
01-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Maybe GB will do what we did in 05 and choose to wear white to continue the "road warriors" mentality. Because I would rather us wear black this time.