PDA

View Full Version : Cold Calculations: A Closer Look At Steelers D vs. The Packers

SteelerEmpire
01-25-2011, 12:02 AM
... and the rest of the NFL. But the rest of the NFL doesn't count now.

Article:

One of the fallacies that bugs me in the NFL is the definition of the top offense and defense in the NFL. Generally, the majority of NFL fans and analysts go by yards per game. Defensively speaking, if your team gives up the least yards per game you are crowned the best defense in the league. It gives a simplistic view of offense and defense, but it is incredibly inaccurate and completely ignores millions of dependent variables like time of possession, points, yards per play, etc. Therefore, I decided I wanted to take a deeper look into NFL defenses and find the best one based on more than just yards per game.

LINK: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/1/24/1932755/the-best-2010-nfl-defense-a-deeper-statistical-analysis-than-yards#storyjump

Merchant
01-25-2011, 12:11 AM
#1 Scoring Defense. #1 against the Run. #1 in Yards Per Play. #1 in sacks.

....THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. And you know what? the NFL isn't good enough. Super Bowl champions isn't good enough. The Rooney's need to launch a space program, so we can travel to other planets and face aliens. UNIVERSE BOWL champions is when I'll be satisfied.