PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall is Digest Player of Week

stillers4me
01-24-2011, 06:25 PM
It began in the offseason with an edict from above, and following through on that helped the Steelers get where they are today, which is AFC Champions.

It was back in the spring of 2010 when Steelers President Art Rooney II said, “I think Mike (Tomlin) and I certainly agreed coming off the (2009) season that we need to run the ball more consistently to get to where we want to get to. So that’s part of the thinking in the offseason: We need to figure out how to get better running the football.”

The Steelers did a very nice job of running the football effectively on Sunday vs. the New York Jets (http://www.newyorkjets.com/). Their 166 yards on 43 attempts not only accounted for both of their offensive touchdowns, but it also allowed the Steelers to possess the football for nearly 35 of the game’s 60 minutes............

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Mendenhall-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/edc867b5-18db-4cd1-a6b5-77005164e36b

SteelerSal
01-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Man I love seeing an effective running game and some clock getting eaten up like we saw on the first drive.....

Acumen
01-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Man I love seeing an effective running game and some clock getting eaten up like we saw on the first drive.....

Best part is that they deferred kick off, and we made em pay HUGE. I thought that was probably Rex Ryan's biggest blunder in the game.

Psycho Ward 86
01-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Best part is that they deferred kick off, and we made em pay HUGE. I thought that was probably Rex Ryan's biggest blunder in the game.

Lol? The coin flip is hardly among the significant things in football.

HometownGal
01-24-2011, 08:45 PM

It's his opinion, Psycho. Please respect it even if you don't agree with it.

The OL played very well yesterday and opened up the rushing attack. When the OL does its job, the running game flourishes. :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
01-24-2011, 09:09 PM

I gotta agree here. They defer, we dominate and chew up 9 minutes of clock on our first touchdown drive and set the stage for an absolutely abusive first half.

Acumen
01-24-2011, 09:55 PM

Not the coin flip, but the fact they deferred to us and let us set the pace. Really, my comment that that was his biggest blunder was more speaking to how well he coached the game.

Still, I think that with two violent, road grading teams, setting the tone early is a big factor.

Galax Steeler
01-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Well deserved for Mendenhall he showed some power running.

Boomerang
01-25-2011, 03:48 AM
Mendy was outstanding and will be a great RB for us in years to come.