PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rooney Reflects On AFC Championship Game

stillers4me
01-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Joe Starkey caught up with Steelers’ Principal Owner Dan Rooney after receiving the team’s eighth AFC Championship. Rooney reflects on the win and how this team distinguishes itself from other AFC Championship teams.

Rooney told Starkey about one of the reasons he hired Mike Tomlin as head coach back in 2007.

Now, with the Steelers facing the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl, Rooney has “great respect for the Packers” and is looking forward to facing them in Dallas.

Steelers’ director of football operations Kevin Colbert talked with Jon Burton on the field after the game and reflects on what this team has overcome to win another AFC title.

Listen here @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/01/24/dan-rooney-reflects-on-afc-championship-game/

HometownGal
01-24-2011, 09:47 PM
I said it in another thread how I am more proud of this team than I've been of any other Steelers team because of all of the adversity they faced all season long. To finish 12-4 and capture the AFCN crown was mind-blowing but winning the AFC Championship and heading to Dallas to play in XLV is almost miraculous! :applaudit:

No doubt about it - God is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan! :tt02: