PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall shows what he can do

stillers4me
01-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Rashard Mendenhall stood on a makeshift stage at Heinz Field with Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier, the star running backs for the 1970s Super Bowl Steelers, and wondered how he got there.

"It means a lot that they asked me to come up there," Mendenhall said. "I'm looking around like, 'Why isn't Troy or Hines or somebody up here?' "

After being ripped for running laterally, for relying too heavily upon a spin move and for not being a "big-time back," Mendenhall upstaged the New York Jets in the biggest game of his NFL career. He accounted for 153 yards of total offense -- including 95 rushing and 32 receiving in the first half -- to help the Steelers to a 24-19 victory Sunday in the AFC Championship Game.

"It's one game away from the Super Bowl; who wouldn't be running the way he did?" right guard Ramon Foster said. "He did a phenomenal job of running and holding onto the ball. He was very powerful and well-deserving of the game he had.".............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_719580.html

tube517
01-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Best QB humper in the NFL

Love Mendy. Happy for his success. We need him long term. Tomlin/BA, don't run the wheels off Mendy, please. Give some carries to Redman. He did pretty well too.

Count Steeler
01-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Best performance by a Steeler running back all season. Hope he has one more mean game in him.

ALLD
01-24-2011, 07:10 PM
They held back Redman for the SB. It's going to be a one-two punch KO.