PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Moats anyone ?

Steel-bryan
06-10-2010, 09:56 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81898cf1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I wouldnt mind having him on the team at all. He would give us good depth at RB.

salamander
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Sure, why not? Good depth never hurts.

Psycho Ward 86
06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
If Mewelde werent here id scream yes. Even with Mewelde, he's an interesting guy to look at i think, but i dont think we'll carry 4 pure RB's, and if Moats made the team, then Moore probably wont, and that takes away a little bit from the offense.

Vincent
06-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Those Maurice Jones Drew / Ray Rice built guys give us fits. Very tempting. But he isn't good enough to knock out any of our top 3 backs.

Hindes204
06-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Nope....not good enough to make the team in da burgh

7willBheaven
06-10-2010, 10:59 PM
IF we didnt have Moore or IF we didnt draft Dwyer...i'd say yes...but right now it would be tough to make the team with Mendy, Moore, Dwyer, then maybe Redman? Not sure?! Maybe he could beat out Redman...though Redman would still have the upperhand. So yeah...i dont see it happening....

Its kind of like the article says...in Houston he has Steve Slaton, Arian Foster, Chris Henry and Ben Tate to compete with....almost identical situation here...with just different players.

The Duke
06-10-2010, 11:26 PM
To give Dwyer a little push, heck why not

He should go to a team with poor runningback depth though. like the redskins, really, they have enough over the hill backs, give them a young guy that can be an asset.

Galax Steeler
06-11-2010, 03:51 AM

He should go to a team with poor runningback depth though. like the redskins, really, they have enough over the hill backs, give them a young guy that can be an asset.

Yea really I bet the Redskins have a wheel chair lift in there bus just for the running backs.

solardave
06-11-2010, 04:18 AM
I think we have enough quality backs to pick from.

steelpride12
06-11-2010, 09:17 AM
No there are too many teams in the league that need RB depth and the Steeler's are NOT one of them. I'd say maybe if we didn't pick up Dwyer , and I still like Moore in our line up and so does the Steelers and he is productive enough for his role.

Psycho Ward 86
06-11-2010, 10:29 AM

That's still a lot of RB's for them....Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, and now Ryan Moats. Not a lot of teams carry 4 RB's

BuddhaBus
06-11-2010, 10:43 AM
That's still a lot of RB's for them....Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, and now Ryan Moats. Not a lot of teams carry 4 RB's

Didn't Brian Westbrook also sign with the Foreskins?

Psycho Ward 86
06-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Didn't Brian Westbrook also sign with the Foreskins?

they made an offer to him

HughC
06-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I say bring him in and sign him up just for insurance. Injuries happen, better to be safe than sorry and find yourself scrambling to sign somebody if somebody goes down. Use him as training camp fodder and keep the returning guys fresh for the regular season.