PDA

View Full Version : What are you going to do during the Super Bowl.

LLT
01-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I think there are 4 kinds of Steelers fans.

1) Casual- I love my team but its still just a game. I plan on watching the game at someones house where I will enjoy my friends first and the game second.

2) Social- I love my team and plan on going to someones house, be with friends, twirl my Terrible Towel and yell until throat hurts

3) Social Harcore- The game has GOT to be at MY house. Steelers fans and selected non-Steelers fans only. No casual fans allowed. Prepare for yelling and chest bumps.

4) Strict Hardcore- OH HELL NO!!! The game will be at my house but if you dont get mail delivered there...you are not invited. I dont want to expain the game to anyone...dont want to listen to a self proclaimed football expert (though they rarely are)...and frankly, if we should lose....YOU dont want to be around me anyway.

Which one are you and what are your plans?

CPanther95
01-24-2011, 12:49 PM
#3.

.. and I'll wear the same shorts and Polamalu jersey I had on vs. the Ravens and Jets - and twirl the same XLIII TT.

venom
01-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Regular season and the post season, I'm # 3 Social Harcore .

If the Steelers are NOT in the SuperBowl , my friends and I pick a free house to have the SuperBowl party at . We order the food , drinks and the pregame/half -time " adult entertainment " to come and put on a great show for the guys.

LLT
01-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I am so bad.

I am #4....all year long. It takes all night for me to get over a loss. I had to give my wife and daughter "the look" last night for talking about homework while I was trying to watch/listen to the game.

tube517
01-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Steeler fans and family.

I will also pick my nose and put a booger on my brother's jacket.

Steeldude
01-24-2011, 01:26 PM
i will watch the game alone as i always do.

SteelerEmpire
01-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I have the option of going to Dallas and hanging out the entire weekend as I have both friends and family there. OR. A friend of mine is throwing a SB party in his 7 BR house with flat screens in every room, several exotic dancers and local models will be there dressed down or in birthday suits, all kinds of food from mexican, italian, seafood, etc... beer and alcohol. And since my brother has a Steelers bar, a good portion of them will be there also... gonna look like a section at Heinz Field...
Think I'll go to Dallas the fri. or sat. before the game to sport my Steeler's Jersey around and mix it up with other Steeler and Cheezzzz head fans and try to find the hotel where the Steelers are at so I can get autographs... then catch my friends party back here...

CPanther95
01-24-2011, 01:49 PM
I have the option of going to Dallas and hanging out the entire weekend as I have both friends and family there. OR. A friend of mine is throwing a SB party in his 7 BR house with flat screens in every room, several exotic dancers and local models will be there dressed down or in birthday suits, all kinds of food from mexican, italian, seafood, etc... beer and alcohol. And since my brother has a Steelers bar, a good portion of them will be there also... gonna look like a section at Heinz Field...
Think I'll go to Dallas the fri. or sat. before the game to sport my Steeler's Jersey around and mix it up with other Steeler and Cheezzzz head fans and try to find the hotel where the Steelers are at so I can get autographs... then catch my friends party back here...

Stay in Dallas for the SB, you 'll want to soak up the atmosphere.

... then pm me your friend's address. :)

LLT
01-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Steeler fans and family.

I will also pick my nose and put a booger on my brother's jacket.

OH!!!! Its a bring your own finger-food party.

Gotcha.

steelersfan425
01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
northwest steeler nation is were ill be

tube517
01-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Well, he is an Eagles fan.

OH!!!! Its a bring your own finger-food party.

Gotcha.

steeldevil
01-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Only me and my gf will be here, maybe my brother and dad. But thats it! If it were a nonsteelers superbowl we would have a party, but not if we are in it.

NJarhead
01-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Damn! I mis-voted. I meant Social Hardcore. It's my turn to host. Black and Gold fans ONLY and everyone WILL be wearing the colors (I have extra Jerseys for the less fortunate - lol).

Need to produce a killer menu though as my buddy provided a straight up feast for the AFCCG.

LLT
01-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Damn! I mis-voted. I meant Social Hardcore. It's my turn to host. Black and Gold fans ONLY and everyone WILL be wearing the colors (I have extra Jerseys for the less fortunate - lol).

Need to produce a killer menu though as my buddy provided a straight up feast for the AFCCG.

I got your back WarDen...Mrs. LLT has some GREAT recipes!!!! I will send you a pm as soon as I talk to her.

steelerdude15
01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm going to be out and about spreading that Pittsburgh magic! :tt02:

NJarhead
01-24-2011, 03:54 PM
I got your back WarDen...Mrs. LLT has some GREAT recipes!!!! I will send you a pm as soon as I talk to her.

Well thank you Brother!

I'm definitely doing wings and I may get clams and *gulp* lobster for lobster salad (no I do not do this normally but thankfully the local fish market is reasonably priced. Just not sure what else to do.

To be honest, I have no idea how we came to this. When we were both single it was chips, beer and wings. WTF happened??? lol

Count Steeler
01-24-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm leaning towards 3. Have not made up my mind on any invites. I'll see how this week goes.

Delraich
01-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Home with my wife and kids whom I have forced to watch every Steeler game this season. Wife likes the cryboys because that was her grandpas team,(we actually met during Super Bowl 30 at a mutual friends house) my oldest is a Packers fan for as long as she's watched football but my youngest and only boy is a Steelers fan so it should be an interesting and dangerous night to say the least.

GoSlash27
01-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Social.
My best friend insisted on hosting this one and we're "yinzering" it out. I'll be providing the pierogies, another friend is bringing Primanti Bros. sandwiches, another is bringing a case of Iron City, etc.

It's gonna be epic :D

fansince'76
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
#4 for me. Not answering the phone, not talking to anybody until the game's over either. If the Steelers weren't playing in it, it would be #2.

The Duke
01-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Strict Hardcore definitely

Would've probably watched it with my best friend (packers fan) but he's away doing his mission, so it's going to be a complete hardcore for me. Anyone comes at the door runs the risk of severe damage

BPS3akaWirels3
01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Home alone,,,

steelreserve
01-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm leaning toward masturbate.

vader29
01-24-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm leaning toward masturbate.
I'll get that out of the way before gametime. :heh:

I'll be doing #4.

JayC
01-24-2011, 10:12 PM
I am making sure we don't have any friends/guest or i'm locking myself in a room for the game. Last thing i need is some people ruining the game for me, asking stupid questions about football because this is the first game they watched since we beat the cardinals, and not letting me be my normal nervous wreck self screaming and worrying all the time out loud. #4 all the way

Moose
01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
I voted # 4. I want to be alone with plenty alcohol. My wife has to stay out of the room ( she asks too many questions and seems to bring bad luck- a fumble or interception when we have ball, a TD when 'they' have the ball ). My daughter can be sitting on the other couch when she's home ( she's away at college in Pittsburgh we've watched football together since she was born), if she isn't home then she sits on her couch in her apartment and we txt back and forth. I want NO other people in the house, I'm not entertaining anyone during game time. And definitely NO phone calls taken. If we lose, then misery starts immediately ! If we win then I want to go out and socialize.

salamander
01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Home alone,,,

I'll drive down and watch the game with you, I'll be off the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday after the Super Bowl. :chuckle:

TXSteelerFan
01-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Well, I seleceted four... But im more probably along the lines of 3... Unless of course I might be going to the Super Bowl. I qualified with a radio station from where I live to be 1 of 13 people to put a football into a box/bag (something im not really sure of yet) with my name on it. Each person will pull a ball out of the bag and if your name is on it you are out. The last person with their ball in the bag/box wins tickets to the Super bowl. Wish me luck and of course Goooo Steelers!!

XxKnightxX
01-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Im gonna be in Dallas and in New Mexico next week so Im sure as hell bringing my jersey and showing it off around Jerrah's world. But I come back to NJ Friday. Now heres my 1 in a million possibility that I may not even catch the plane back to NJ from Dallas airport since I know and hung around Sean Lissemore from the Cowboys (Defensive End 95) , and hes working to get me and his good buddy tickets to the big dance. If that happens Im gonna be in a jar in the game since im going to melt if I get a ticket to the Big dance.

Devilsdancefloor
01-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Social hardcore sad to say!! My wife will be sure to invite all her cowboy friends and everyone that will be for the pack ugh!! but that is ok i suppose my boys and i will be twirling the TT and making it hard for the others :) it brings a tear to my eye when they state facts about the steelers and football. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

SteelerSal
01-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Home alone,,,

Same with me, well actually watching it alone...only person who is aloud to bother me is my grandaughter...been that way all season.

Aussie_steeler
01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately it will be Monday here and the game will be broadcast at approximately 10.00am. That means being at work, using the DVR to copy it. I will know the result before I watch it. The result will determine how I watch it when I get home.

I wont be able to log onto SU until after 6pm so I will have missed most of the dialouge and will only get the chance to talk with the night owls and drunks still celebrating or drowning their sorrows.

Over the last 18 years of watching the NFL I have only ever had the opportunity to watch the Superbowl live twice.

I guess I would have to vote #5 Strictly Absent

Mamaduck43
01-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Home alone.... My grandkids might come over for a while, but they have been warned... I will have a full menu of food and snacks, but I already know that I won't be able to force anything down except for the requisite bite of kielbasa and kraut.... By the time kickoff happens, I should be a total basket case..... On top of everything else, there will be no 'potty' opportunities... Usually, the commercials are the big attraction and breaks can happen during the football part of the programming, but when the Steelers are on the field, there is no time to go potty..... What a dilemma
but I will figure that out.... It isn't going to help that all of my neighbors will be screaming at the wrong times during the game.... Sigh.....

Bluecoat96
01-25-2011, 06:22 PM
#4 all the way. I have to sit on the right side of the couch, in front of the TV, while my wife and baby daughter are in the recliner to my right. If anything is different, I'm all out of sorts. God, I'm a loser.:crazy: I can't bring myself to watch the game anywhere else, unless I HAVE to. Thank goodness the last game I watched away from home was the Panthers game this year. The last one before that was the Jacksonville playoff game in 2007/2008, and we all know how that turned out.:mad2:

NJarhead
01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
That sounds superstitious. Which is the reason why, win or lose, I can't wait to wash my utterly NASTY Terrible Towel. I only wash it after our last game each year. So it's got beer, sauce, and a host of other consumables on it. I also brought it to Giants Stadium this year so it's probably got Giant Fan cooties on it too. lol

Kaeg
01-25-2011, 06:37 PM
I am the only Steeler fan within my circle of immediate friends. Some have been asking since the AFCCG was over if I'm having a party. I'm not really sure. May just be with my family. It's hard to act like my emotional basket case self when there are others around. Plus if we lost I really wouldn't want ANYONE there as I would be quite miserable/pissed/some combination like that. I was only with family for SB40 and I screamed all I wanted. Had guests over for SB43 and I was maybe a little more subdued. Especially since none of them were Steeler fans anyway.

HometownGal
01-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm definitely a #4. I was going to host a Super Bowl party at my house but after further consideration, I'd much prefer to watch my Steelers in the big game by myself and interact with everyone here during the game as has become habit-forming for me. :drink: :tt02:

Can't really say that I'd be pissed if we lose - disappointed, yes but surely not pissed. I don't think there are many of us who thought at the start of the season that we'd be in XLV!

NJarhead
01-26-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm definitely a #4. I was going to host a Super Bowl party at my house but after further consideration, I'd much prefer to watch my Steelers in the big game by myself and interact with everyone here during the game as has become habit-forming for me. :drink: :tt02:

Can't really say that I'd be pissed if we lose - disappointed, yes but surely not pissed. I don't think there are many of us who thought at the start of the season that we'd be in XLV!

I know exactly what you mean. Plus, if we were to lose, at least its to the Packers. Who outside of the NFC north (and Dallas) actually hates the Packers? lol

Still, I'm getting pretty confident. We have the experience, we won the shootout last time WITHOUT Troy and we know what they will try to do. I say we just concede the run to them and defend the pass.

86WARD
01-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Same underwear and T-shirts since the Week 11 match up against the Raiders...UNWASHED OF COURSE...lol...

No lies...it's funk!

LLT
01-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Okay WarDen...here are a few recipes for ya:

Mrs LLT's Pigs in a Blanket:

2 sheets of puffed pastry
6 jumbo hot dogs
1 cup of Chedder or shredded mexican cheese
2 Tsp dijon mustard
2 eggs

Directions:

Put your pastry sheet on the counter and sprinkle cheddar cheese on the right side. Fold the left side over the right side so the pastry is folded in half and gently roll it out. Combine egg and dijon by whipping them together. Brush the combination onto the pastry. Roll each hot dog with the dough leaving the ends exposed and Bake at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes. Turn them over and continue to bake for approximately another 2-4 minutes. Cut each "pig" 6-8 times into about 1/2 inch sections...Skewer them and serve.

Big Sammich (this is the recipe that my wife got from Tast of Home magazine)

Ingredients
1 unsliced round loaf of bread (8 inches) (we use the hawaiin bread)
2 tablespoons horseradish
1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham or turkey
4 slices Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 small tomato, thinly sliced
6 bacon strips, cooked
4 slices American cheese
1 small onion, thinly sliced

Directions:
Slice bread horizontally into five equal layers. Spread bottom layer with horseradish; top with roast beef. Place the next slice bread over beef; spread with mustard and top with ham or turkey and Swiss cheese. Add the next slice of bread; spread with mayonnaise and top with tomato and bacon. Add the next slice o bread; top with American cheese and onion. Cover with remaining bread. Place on a baking sheet; loosely tent with heavy-duty foil.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Carefully slice into 8 wedges. Yield: 8 servings. (you can cut this thinner....this is a BIG sammich)

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Ingredients
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 can black beans,
1 can whole kernel corn
1 Cup quartered cherry tomatoes
1/2 Cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)

Directions
Mix the mayonnaise, cumin and lime juice until blended...then stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve chilled or at room temperature with tortilla chips

SteelerFanInStl
01-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Definitely Strict Hardcore for me. I don't want other people in my house yapping when I'm trying to watch the game.

memphissteelergirl
01-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Well, I mistakenly voted "Strict Hardcore" when I am actually more "Social Hardcore". As always, I will be watching the game with my fellow Steeler fans at our usual meeting place. I will probably have to camp out at the parking lot the night before to be sure I get in and get a seat (j/k...but perhaps not too far from the truth). LOL!